1. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 May '07 22:29
    Is anyone else having probs with people who put "multiple moves per day" in their profile but then take days to make a move. Is there any way to verify this before accepting a game?
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 May '07 22:34
    ive had this happen to me, people think differently of "multiple"as im on here all day when you move and im on, ill move....some people this it means 3, some think it means 30....the best way to fix it is to be a member and load up on so many games you forget whos moving when!!
  3. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 May '07 22:42
    R u on commission?
  4. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 May '07 22:43
    lol....😀 i should be.....
  5. Joined
    26 Jul '06
    Moves
    21 May '07 00:00
    Originally posted by RedChess
    R u on commission?
    No he's on "Sick of hearing N00bs whine about people moving too slow." Like the rest of us. It's correspondence chess. It takes time. Don't like it? Tough rocks.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 May '07 05:05
    Is anyone else having probs with people who put "multiple moves per day" in their profile but then take days to make a move. Is there any way to verify this before accepting a game?
    What does "multiple moves a day" really means? I do multiple moves a day, but not in every game.

Some players may find me slow sometimes, but anyway, 15 moves a day is multiple a day. But in the 21/21 tournament I certainly not doing multiple a day, but you should see me in the 1/0 tournament.
  7. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 May '07 05:13
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What does "multiple moves a day" really means? I do multiple moves a day, but not in every game.

Some players may find me slow sometimes, but anyway, 15 moves a day is multiple a day. But in the 21/21 tournament I certainly not doing multiple a day, but you should see me in the 1/0 tournament.
    yes, game proirity...the average game you do multiple moves.....it takes some time to get used to, the c-c (and yes, i didnt know how to spell it or else i would of) anyway...after a while its actually better...
  8. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 May '07 05:15
    back to the question, they have blitz chess now, which can be a fun way to get the moves out of you untill your real games show up.
  9. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 May '07 11:14
    Thanks for your input guys...
    btw Stoopid, why bother? You were a newbie once too don't forget. We learn by asking questions. I just wanted a few thoughts on the matter. Now i know i'll have to be more patient.
  10. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    21 May '07 11:32
    Thanks for your input guys...
    btw Stoopid, why bother? You were a newbie once too don't forget. We learn by asking questions. I just wanted a few thoughts on the matter. Now i know i'll have to be more patient.
    If you want faster play there is always the Play blitz button up in the top right hand corner or Uchess. If you want to play RHP games a little faster (maybe finish in a day) ask some people! Have a look at the player tables, find someone who moves a lot of times a day and send them a message suggesting a game in x minutes or hours or whatever. You never know, they might say yes!
  11. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 May '07 12:01
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you want faster play there is always the Play blitz button up in the top right hand corner or Uchess. If you want to play RHP games a little faster (maybe finish in a day) ask some people! Have a look at the player tables, find someone who moves a lot of times a day and send them a message suggesting a game in x minutes or hours or whatever. You never know, they might say yes!
    Thanks Kepler. I never noticed that button before. Is there an FAQ about Blitz play? Wanted to know what the increment time was?
  12. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    21 May '07 12:02
    Is there any way to verify this before accepting a game?
    when I was a non-sub scum, I checked people's number of moves per month to get some idea of their real pace.

then I wised up and started playing slower. you can check out the graph to see how that affects your chess in the long run.
  13. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 May '07 12:36
    Originally posted by wormwood
    when I was a non-sub scum,

then I wised up and started playing slower. you can check out the graph to see how that affects your chess in the long run.
    Lol, I'm sensing a certain vibe here...

Wormwood, why would playing slower affect my graph. Isn't that just my rating?
  14. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    21 May '07 12:45
    Lol, I'm sensing a certain vibe here...

Wormwood, why would playing slower affect my graph. Isn't that just my rating?
    playing slower means better moves & less blunders. hence, your rating will shoot up.
  15. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    21 May '07 13:26
    Thanks Kepler. I never noticed that button before. Is there an FAQ about Blitz play? Wanted to know what the increment time was?
    I think the time settings are whatever you want - you can set up a game or accept one that has been set up by someone else as far as I know. I haven't played blitz for 20 years so I haven't even clicked on the button yet, I just know it is there!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree