Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 16 Sep '09 14:00 / 1 edit
    I doN,t think it is a wonderfull one.

    but here I was able to won agaisnt an opponent much, higher rated, who already destroyed my bird in 10 moves or so, in the first of a tourney, but I survive by winning the other.



    White resign, because he can't save the knight...

    Any comment on this game.
  2. 16 Sep '09 16:49
    Originally posted by AudreyxSophie
    I doN,t think it is a wonderfull one.

    but here I was able to won agaisnt an opponent much, higher rated, who already destroyed my bird in 10 moves or so, in the first of a tourney, but I survive by winning the other.

    [pgn][Event "Live and Let Die"]
    [Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2009.08.29"]
    [EndDate "2009.09.16"]
    [Round "1"]
    [Wh ...[text shortened]... ign, because he can't save the knight...

    Any comment on this game.
    Anyone tries to destroy your Bird again - you smack him straight in the face, OK?
  3. 16 Sep '09 19:07
    Ouch, that is a violent answer.

    Can anyone comment this game, as I don't think black was so good after losing a pawn ...
  4. 16 Sep '09 19:16 / 1 edit
    Yes, it is good. The loss of the pawn was unhandy, but then White went on playing quite unconvincingly.
  5. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    16 Sep '09 19:39
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    Yes, it is good. The loss of the pawn was unhandy, but then White went on playing quite unconvincingly.
    What?! Putting the Q on a5 was GENIUS, I tell you, GENIUS.
  6. 16 Sep '09 19:41
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    What?! Putting the Q on a5 was GENIUS, I tell you, GENIUS.
    Yes, I would not have set the Queen loose on the Queenside (Qa4+!?).
  7. Subscriber jankrb
    Conductor
    16 Sep '09 19:52
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    What?! Putting the Q on a5 was GENIUS, I tell you, GENIUS.
    Thanks, despite the result, there was something good.

    But I have to admit that I lost concentration, as I won allready the other one ( the Bird-game) and secured the next round.

    Have a look at the other one, which is instructive.

  8. 16 Sep '09 21:07
    h3 in a bird is really asking for it !
  9. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    16 Sep '09 22:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by jankrb
    Thanks, despite the result, there was something good.

    But I have to admit that I lost concentration, as I won allready the other one ( the Bird-game) and secured the next round.

    Have a look at the other one, which is instructive.

    [pgn][Event "Live and Let Die"]
    [Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2009.08.29"]
    [EndDate "2009.09.12"]
    [Round Bb4xc3 10. bxc3 Nf6e4 11. Qf2f4 Ne5g6
    12. Qf4f3 Qd8h4 0-1

    [/pgn]
    I think White would have been better off with 6. Bb5 instead of 6. fe, I think the game was equal until 9. Be2. White should want more than equality, but he's definitely not busted. After 9. Be2 the game gets ugly quick, but those knight moves were anything BUT ugly. That was nice coordination and initiative.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    16 Sep '09 22:39
    Originally posted by jankrb
    Thanks, despite the result, there was something good.

    But I have to admit that I lost concentration, as I won allready the other one ( the Bird-game) and secured the next round.

    Have a look at the other one, which is instructive.

    [pgn][Event "Live and Let Die"]
    [Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2009.08.29"]
    [EndDate "2009.09.12"]
    [Round ...[text shortened]... Bb4xc3 10. bxc3 Nf6e4 11. Qf2f4 Ne5g6
    12. Qf4f3 Qd8h4 0-1

    [/pgn]
    It's too early for White to resign IMO. After Kf1 Ng3+ he drops the Exchange, but there's still a lot of chess to be played. He does retain the Bishop pair and has an open b-file to work with.
  11. 16 Sep '09 22:40
    We are not talking about the bird, I admit it is horrible...

    But I hate to see these, Nc6 then e5, they make me lose my cool-blood, I usally panick when I see that I musk let go of a center form by e4 plus d4 or e5 plus d5, except in the pirc.
  12. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    16 Sep '09 23:07
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's too early for White to resign IMO. After Kf1 Ng3+ he drops the Exchange, but there's still a lot of chess to be played. He does retain the Bishop pair and has an open b-file to work with.
    After reading your post, I think the same thing. I have recently drawn two games on the site that I should have lost, and I think it may be a mistake to assume quality endgame technique for anyone whose 4-digit rating doesn't begin with a "2".

    Paul
  13. 17 Sep '09 16:08
    No, I don't believe, we should assume perfect play.

    recently, I won a game, i should have lost, because my opponent gave me back the piece and I was not joking around.
  14. 17 Sep '09 16:44 / 1 edit
    I wouldn`t resign that Bird game either.
    The original game of post id like to comment on i looked at it a couple times but unfortunately its to difficult for me to think of anything to say
    about it.
    I think it was a good game though.
    Seems like both players are tough to me.
    Perhaps White could come up with something better than 14.f4 in that first game maybe .