1. Joined
    15 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 04:361 edit
    This was a very tense (OTB) battle at the club tonight. I am white (rated 1384) and my opponent is 1504 (G/80). It was a positional struggle in the opening and early middlegame, leading to a strong attack and tactical flurry. I kept looking for a way to break open his kingside pawns, and then finally saw an opportunity when he tried to get play going on the Queenside. The final position is dead lost for black, but it officially ended in a time forfeit. I only had 1 minute 30 secs left on my clock. At one point he had about 15 minutes more than me on his clock. I really enjoyed this game. Let me know your thoughts, and my inaccuracies, I wasn't crazy about my 25.d7. I think b5 followed by c6 may have been a bit better.

2. Joined
    08 Nov '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 05:471 edit
    10. fe5 seems questionable 10. f5 has been tried here with some success.

10. ... de5 11. Bg5 h6 transposes after a fashion though here 11. ... Bg4 is stronger as white no longer has f3 to drive the bishop back. (Sonnen-Piralizai, 2005 0-1)

13. Nd5 will someone not rid me of this meddlesome knight [sic] both white and black enjoy outpost(s) for their knights-this would not have been the case after 11. ... Bg4 or so it seems.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree