1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 16:141 edit
    I know we can't comment on games that are in progress, but this is my real first combination and I'm kinda proud of myself.

I've just wanted to know if it was any good and had some real soundness in it.

And of course I'm ready to wait for the dust to settle to hear your voices.

Game 3347405

Edit: I know my opening moves were really crappy, but I seem to not have a grip on 1.d4 😞
  2. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 16:35
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    [b]I know we can't comment on games that are in progress[b]
    You said it!
  3. Ede, Netherlands
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 16:43
    I know we can't comment on games that are in progress, but this is my real first combination and I'm kinda proud of myself.

Game 3347405

Edit: I know my opening moves were really crappy, but I seem to not have a grip on 1.d4 😞
    Eeh, I do not see a combination. Your opponent played badly and you won his rook but I see no combo at all.
  4. Joined
    01 Feb '07
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 16:49
    Originally posted by Anakin Skywalker
    Eeh, I do not see a combination. Your opponent played badly and you won his rook but I see no combo at all.
    That's what I was thinking too. Poor play not good combinations.
  5. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 16:571 edit
    A combination is a sequence of attacking moves on the opponents king that usually involves a sacrifice, or leaves them down in material.
  6. Joined
    15 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 17:01

Game 3347405

Some blunders here but no combinations.
  7. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 17:51
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    A combination is a sequence of attacking moves on the opponents king that usually involves a sacrifice, or leaves them down in material.
    Ah ok! I thought a combination was something like long tactics... But then I'll tell you what i thought the combination was.
  8. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    26 Mar '07 17:551 edit
    Originally posted by Anakin Skywalker
    That's right. But i had to see I could win his rook and how to win it. And at my level that can cust a little bit.
    I think you're forgetting that when we know a little bit more, your case, it's hard to value what less skilled players see.
    I see that a lot when less experienced players post their games. Most of the comments are straight bashing and don't do anything to build up the other guy's chess. This wasn't the case now but it does happens a lot.
  9. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 13:07
    Now that the game is over i thought the combination was my moves up to ten to twelve.
    First it looked like i've hanged my pawn, then i checked him with my knight for him to ake him with his bishop. Up untill now it looked like i was down two minor pieces; but then i took his knight and his rook was to be taken next. Gaining a rook and a knight for two knights.
    That's what i thought my combination was.
  10. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 15:45
    Now that the game is over i thought the combination was my moves up to ten to twelve.
    First it looked like i've hanged my pawn, then i checked him with my knight for him to ake him with his bishop. Up untill now it looked like i was down two minor pieces; but then i took his knight and his rook was to be taken next. Gaining a rook and a knight for two knights.
    Yes I believe that is categorized as a combination... from the move 10...dxc4 white has a choice to take the knight or to take the pawn, both result in a loss in material.
  11. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 15:51
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    Yes I believe that is categorized as a combination... from the move 10...dxc4 white has a choice to take the knight or to take the pawn, both result in a loss in material.
    Thanks for the reply.

Ps: I meant to say "I've hanged my knight"
  12. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 16:06
    I have to agree with you, about this. The chess forum seems to be a school yard of petty bickering. When an "outsider" dares to venture into it, they rarely get constructive, and level appropriate based critique. What some people fail to see is that for most people on the site chess is a relaxing pastime, and lower rated players are happy with the small victories. The rare games where the pieces seem to tell you where to move them to make them happy. Nice game.
    Game 3127579 Is a game I am very proud of, but when I played through it later. I can see there are blunders that made most of it possible. And it could have gone drastically different, but I feel that I found a plan and made it happen the way I wanted. To me it is a beautiful game.
  13. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 16:19
    Well played! Although I think white resigned a little too early though. Your opponent could have played 31. Bc4 threatening Bxe6 mate. 31. ..Bd5 will block this, but it is always worth a try. 🙂
  14. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 16:22
    Originally posted by lausey
    Well played! Although I think white resigned a little too early though. Your opponent could have played 31. Bc4 threatening Bxe6 mate. 31. ..Bd5 will block this, but it is always worth a try. 🙂
    31. Bc4 Be8#
  15. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    27 Mar '07 16:23
    31. Bc4 Be8#
    Oops. 😳

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree