1. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 19:141 edit
    Originally posted by RamP
    After a few moves I had to exchange my bishops with his knights. This "After a few moves" period had atleast 2 instances where I forgot to hit the clock.

Then, when I blundered (I realized it after making the move 😛), I was waiting for the kid to proceed with his step. He never moved. I waited for a minute and looked up and he immediately looked down ...[text shortened]... amount of 3 minutes 😀. As soon as I hit the clock, he made his move and captured my rook. LOL
    Ha! This week's Video Spotlight at ChessCafe... White must not have noticed that Black failed to hit the clock after moving. Here you see White moving while Black's clock is running.

More likely, someone was just making a demo move for the camera guy, but I still think it's funny. And yes, I've done this a few times - I make my move, go to press my clock, only to discover that my opponent never hit his clock. (Not really a disaster, because if my opponent doesn't hit his clock, I usually point it out to him anyway.)

http://cdn.bimfs.com/KMVT/449185815e980d93f6b0803ca0d01c49f09f6b3b.mp4
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 21:59
    Originally posted by davaniel
    In Paris in the Jardin du Luxembourg there's a bunch of chess tables, always some locals playing, sometimes with quite a crowd, as far as I remember.

I once went to play a 3' game with one of the locals. I remember messing up the move order as white in a Sicilian dragon, where I usually know theory pretty well, and my opponent immediately punishing it an ...[text shortened]... s and a blue sky in Paris easily beats the dusty smelly places playing club matches takes you.
    You know, I never noticed that when I was there? And we were there just about every day of our holiday in Paris. Mind you, that was years and years ago, and I really wasn't very much into chess in those days, and neither was the friend I was with.
    Anyway, it's a pretty place to eat your baguette brunch, even if you overlook the chess. Well recommended.

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree