1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 20:24
    Game I analyzed in Fritz and was presented with no improvements to make on either end. I also let Fritz play for an extra 20 moves to see what would happen and the game drew so I don't feel particularly bad about the early offer.
    I know fritz had nothing to say but maybe someone else does? I know humans have a creative touch that no engine can match.

Game 3793362
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 20:35
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    Game I analyzed in Fritz and was presented with no improvements to make on either end. I also let Fritz play for an extra 20 moves to see what would happen and the game drew so I don't feel particularly bad about the early offer.
    I know fritz had nothing to say but maybe someone else does? I know humans have a creative touch that no engine can match.

Game 3793362
    wow, you were a whole queen up, why did you draw?? 😉
  3. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 21:051 edit
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    wow, you were a whole queen up, why did you draw?? 😉
    Because R(either)XQ then material is equal. (EDIT: Well black is a pawn down so I guess thats why he took the draw)

I think with the 2Bs against a player rated 300 points below me I would play on so a great result for you. Well done!
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 21:082 edits
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Because R(either)XQ then material is equal. (EDIT: Well black is a pawn down so I guess thats why he took the draw)

I think with the 2Bs against a player rated 300 points below me I would play on so a great result for you. Well done!
    material wasn't quite equal... i was up a pawn but it was insignificant.

oh lol.. missed your edit.

... actually, that leaves me a good question, should black have left me that pawn or should he have recaptured with the pawn, risking his king safety a little?
  5. Joined
    05 Jun '07
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 21:30
    Nice on drawing a much higher ranked player

And if black had recaptured with the pawn, his black bishop would have been completely useless for several moves, AND his king would have been more vulnerable...not worth a pawn
  6. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 21:321 edit
    material wasn't quite equal... i was up a pawn but it was insignificant.

oh lol.. missed your edit.

... actually, that leaves me a good question, should black have left me that pawn or should he have recaptured with the pawn, risking his king safety a little?
    I think black should have recaptured with the g pawn as white cannot get his forces into the attack quickly enough.

Qg3+ .. Kh8 doesn't achieve anything after Rg8 and sooner or later f5 undoubles the pawns and unleashes the 2 Bs. The weakness of the black king seem illusionary and, in my opinion, not worth a whole P to avoid.

Nd5 is a great square for the N but black can play Be6 and chase or swop so again doesn't seen dangerous long term.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 21:341 edit
    I think black should have recaptured with the g pawn as white cannot get his forces into the attack quickly enough.

Qg3+ .. Kh8 doesn't achieve anything after Rg8 and sooner or later f5 undoubles the pawns and unleashes the 2 Bs. The weakness of the black king seem illusionary and, in my opinion, not worth a whole P to avoid.
    That sounds good 😛... I just ran a deeper scan and fritz would have done as you say but judges the position to be almost perfectly equal either way.

edit.. that sounds wierd.. i mean either move was just as good, not the position was equal, white is winning by 3/4 of a pawn.
  8. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 21:47
    That sounds good 😛... I just ran a deeper scan and fritz would have done as you say but judges the position to be almost perfectly equal either way.

edit.. that sounds wierd.. i mean either move was just as good, not the position was equal, white is winning by 3/4 of a pawn.
    That sounds about right. Fritz would rate the exposed king and doubled pawn as a weakness or a pawn is, well, a pawn up.

I think if you leave Fritz a little longer it may reduce that white advantage to about 0.50 pawn unless (which I doubt) it can find a tactical blow.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jul '07 22:07
    That sounds about right. Fritz would rate the exposed king and doubled pawn as a weakness [b]or a pawn is, well, a pawn up.

I think if you leave Fritz a little longer it may reduce that white advantage to about 0.50 pawn unless (which I doubt) it can find a tactical blow.[/b]
    I just ran a deep position search and let it run for a while... this is rather interesting.

Analysis by Crafty 19.01

1. (0.67): 11...Bxf6 12.Qxd6 Be6 13.Qb4 Bg5+ 14.Kb1 Qe7 15.Qb5 Rac8 16.Nd5 Qc5 17.Qxc5 Rxc5 18.b4 Bg4
    2. (1.47): 11...gxf6 12.Nd5 Rc8 13.Be2 Kh8 14.c3 a5 15.Rd2 b6 16.Re1 Be6 17.Nxe7 Qxe7 18.Qxd6 Qxd6 19.Rxd6

A significantly better move to use the bishop... wow.
  10. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 07:27
    I just ran a deep position search and let it run for a while... this is rather interesting.

Analysis by Crafty 19.01

1. (0.67): 11...Bxf6 12.Qxd6 Be6 13.Qb4 Bg5+ 14.Kb1 Qe7 15.Qb5 Rac8 16.Nd5 Qc5 17.Qxc5 Rxc5 18.b4 Bg4
    2. (1.47): 11...gxf6 12.Nd5 Rc8 13.Be2 Kh8 14.c3 a5 15.Rd2 b6 16.Re1 Be6 17.Nxe7 Qxe7 18.Qxd6 Qxd6 19.Rxd6

A significantly better move to use the bishop... wow.
    Thats quite a difference .80 of a pawn by better for you by giving up a pawn. Rating white better as 1.47 pawns is a winning advantage so maybe you should not have taken the draw.
  11. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 16:16

lol, i was joking, im not that dumb (i hope) 🙂
  12. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 17:06
    you two accepted a draw in that position?!? but there is so much play left.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 18:50
    Originally posted by Stockton
    you two accepted a draw in that position?!? but there is so much play left.
    One, that really helped my rating.
    Two, we were (according to fritz) going to end up in a K v. K endgame anyways. If I was playing someone my own rating I would have tried to push it a little but I don't think being a pawn up in a situation where my opponent had the little tempo that there was would help that much. It could have been played longer but it probably would have drawn anyways I think.
  14. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 19:14
    I would have definately played on as black & I offer draws reasonably easily.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '07 20:31
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    I would have definately played on as black & I offer draws reasonably easily.
    played on as black?? a pawn down with a reasonably simple endgame in the making?.. I dunno i suppose but I think if that game had have been played out perfectly a draw would be all black could hope for.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree