1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Dec '22 22:38
    This will be my next purchase, once the Woodpecker Method is finished (about March) it was just published and promises to unlock the mystery of how to evaluate one's completed tournament games. Positions are from tournaments featuring players from 1400 to the GM level. Available on Amazon for $10.00 this might be a big help for those who DON'T want to rely solely on an engine for their analysis.

YouTube
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '22 00:391 edit
    Looks good.
    If I still had my 1000+ chess library I would definitely buy it...and not read it.

I've fallen victim to the digital world of playing and studying. It's just more comfortable and I actually study that way. I'll never be a big shot tournament player so digital it is from now on.

I played two games today against a WGM. 60+10
    Ten game simul.

I got massacred 😔...twice.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '22 00:42
    @mchill

The funny part is you're the one who mentioned her here long ago in a post and I've been following her on twitch ever since.
    She focuses on chess and teaches while she plays and goes over the games of her viewers.

Can you guess who she is?
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    29 Dec '22 02:304 edits
    @booger said
    @mchill

The funny part is you're the one who mentioned her here long ago in a post and I've been following her on twitch ever since.
    She focuses on chess and teaches while she plays and goes over the games of her viewers.

Can you guess who she is?
    I'd guess her name is Mary. Once ranked #4 in the US among women. She left chess back in the 80's for academia. Returned about 5 years back. Rated about 1950 now. Good guess, or no?

P.S. Don't be depressed about being massacred. When it comes to the royal game, her bite is much worse than her bark.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '22 02:411 edit
    @mchill said
    I'd guess her name is Mary. Once ranked #4 in the US among women. She left chess for about 30 years for academia. Returned about 5 years back. Rated about 1950 now. Good guess, or no?
    No...

It's WGM Adriana Nikolova
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    29 Dec '22 02:47
    @booger said
    No...

It's WGM Adriana Nikolova
    Oops, went too far back. Yes, Adriana. She's worth following - in a variety of ways! 😏
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '22 04:24
    @mchill

Who's Mary?

Pray tell?
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    29 Dec '22 06:121 edit
    @booger said
    @mchill

Who's Mary?

Pray tell?
    https://www.chess.com/blog/mkkuhner/wa-class-championships-2018
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Dec '22 06:261 edit
    @mchill

Bit if a softy aren't ya?

A kind heart and a good soul.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Jan '23 21:08
    @mchill said
    This will be my next purchase, once the Woodpecker Method is finished (about March) it was just published and promises to unlock the mystery of how to evaluate one's completed tournament games. Positions are from tournaments featuring players from 1400 to the GM level. Available on Amazon for $10.00 this might be a big help for those who DON'T want to rely solely on an engine for their analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCdimnw5ork
    GM Perelshteyn is one of my favorite chess-video presenters. In videos his explanations are clear and he goes at a good pace.

My chess studies this year will probably be more scattered and less disciplined than yours, but I'll try to focus on general principles and fundamentals, such as tactics, pattern recognition, and calculation. Got some videos already lined up for that, and I also have some relevant books in my library. Time will tell whether I manage to sit still for any of it. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree