1. Joined
    16 Nov '06
    Moves
    28 May '09 18:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i dunno, for black is under no duress to to exchange his knight, for if white takes it, with either Bxe5 or Nf3 Nxe5 can black not simply play dxe5 thus relieving himself of the potentially weak d pawn and securing d4 for himself again. one must ask, what has white gained from this? my evaluation was simply based on the static elements, which as you are aware, may change 🙂
    Sure, I see what you mean, but white gets a passed d-pawn that may count in the endgame. I also think black is better but white is not without his chances, the position is still dynamic.
  2. Joined
    26 Oct '08
    Moves
    28 May '09 20:38
    Refer to my analysis to see white bad move...
    Fxe5 was not good...

The four pawn attack is a very violent one, but more simple was to take en passant and leave black with a weak d6-pawn.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 May '09 22:46
    i would have to say that yes, 9...Qd8 is certainly not a good move, for in Kings Indian, the thematic move is usually f5 (black has overall plan of occupying dark squares with his pieces on kingside, a king side attack, and the knight usually moves out of the way to facilitate this, sometimes coming back to e8 , with the queen on e8 it blocks this knights retreat. also the queen is very powerful on d8 as she stands.

after 1.d4 Nf6, 2.c4 c5, 3.d5 black has a choice to play ..e6 the benoni or ...b5, the Benko gambit.

normally Kings Indian is reached as follows

where here black has delayed the movement of the c pawn, and although his bishop is blocked, the pawn on e5 gives him some presence on the kingside, playing ..c5 however is usually done with the idea of challenging the pawn on d4 to make it advance or exchange thus opening the a1 h8 diagonal for the super dark squared bishop.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree