1. 42.4ΒΊ N / -71.2ΒΊ W
    Moves
    31 Jan '03 19:41
    Originally posted by peterh
    presumably you'll be drinking a shot every move you make aswell....i think they'll be mopping you up ..!! hic πŸ˜•
    Absolutely not, that's my only (unsubtle) chance of winning even one game against these people!

Joe
  2. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    31 Jan '03 19:45
    What about more obvious diversionary tactics?
  3. Canberra, Australia
    Moves
    01 Feb '03 13:13
    breast implants?
  4. 42.4ΒΊ N / -71.2ΒΊ W
    Moves
    01 Feb '03 22:50
    Originally posted by dyl
    breast implants?
    My God, that would terrify them, right now I have a AAA chest, so that wouldn't look good at all... oh, hang on, this isn't chess is it, I'll shut up now
  5. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    15 Mar '04 10:352 edits
    Sorry that this comment comes so late, but I've only just discovered David's incredibly win against Garry (Congrats mate)

I once myself played against Peter Leko (and so did 29 others). We all had black and after approx. 3 hours, Leko won 28 and drew only 2 (I lost terribly but it was good fun) ...

Even though these world-class grandmasters are playing a lot of people at the same time my friend (who drew against Leko and is an international master himself) told me that at these events you have to deduct approx 200 points from their rating which would have ment that David played an Kasparov with and rating of approx 2500 !!! which makes this victory even sweeter ...

I can only say, respect David and well done

Kindest Regards

The Slow Pawn
  6. Joined
    23 May '03
    Moves
    15 Mar '04 11:37
    i'm amazed by players such as Morphy who played simultaneous chess blindfolded.
  7. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    15 Mar '04 17:56
    wouldnt a win over kasparov make tebb a grandmaster?
  8. Standard membereyeqpc
    Robbo
    a Brave new world
    Moves
    15 Mar '04 19:21
    Congrats Tebbo!!

I am jealous as hell, not because you beat him, but brcause you had a chance to play him.
    Alright, I'm jealous you beat him too.

-Robbo
  9. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    15 Mar '04 21:01
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    wouldnt a win over kasparov make tebb a grandmaster?
    Well, in this game he certainly achieved grand-master status (personal opinion). Although simultanious games do not count for official ratings.

In order to become a grandmaster you have to play more then one game. I don't know the regulations for it completly (as I'm not quite playing in that league, lol) but I think you have to complete a good few games against grandmasters and draw/win a certain amount of them.

Regards

The Slow Pawn
  10. St.Paul Minnesota US
    Moves
    15 Mar '04 23:04
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    As promised earlier in the general forum, here's the moves of my game against Gazza. Enjoy!

Gary Kasparov - David Tebb
    Chester Simul, May 1989
    Kings Indian Defence

1.c4 [I was going to try the Marshall Attack against e4, and the Benko Gambit against d4. No way was I going to defend! I forgot about the English] 1...Nf6 [I still hoped he'd change ...[text shortened]... on, pulled a few faces, grunted, and held out his hand in resignation] 0–1

Dave πŸ™‚πŸ˜€πŸ™‚
    good....but i have a question have you ever been beaten by sum 1 with a really low rating ?????

:'( sdh :'(
  11. Standard memberpaultopia
    High Priest
    The Volcano
    Moves
    15 Mar '04 23:41
    Originally posted by T1000
    Hmmm, now there's a thought. Chess drinking games? There must be some...
    Somewhere out there, there's a chess set with shot glasses for pieces -- you capture a piece, you drink the shot inside. I played a number of games with one of those sets new years eve.

(Won 'em all, I might add. Actually, I learned that I'm way too careless normally -- I was still crushing all comers after 17 shots of tequila -- my playing level had not at all degenerated! From which we conclude that I play like a drunk normally :-P)

There's a story floating around that Lasker played one of those "drink when you capture a piece" games, with the strength of the drink tied to the strength of the piece, and won by sacing his queen early.

ps. congratulations David! That rocks.
  12. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    16 Mar '04 02:21
    Originally posted by kyngj
    OK, I"m still none the wiser, what exactly is a simul game?
    Kasparov was playing lots of people simultaniously. It's a way for Grandmasters to whoop us civilians, or at least thats how the script is supposed to go anyways πŸ˜‰

I have a few games in my database were Kramnick lost to people rated -1800 in a simul, didn't think that was possible.
  13. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    16 Mar '04 03:24
    At a middle school I teach at in a nearbye city all the teachers take on the 80+ kids in a simul. We normally have me and a couple of masters take em all on. Very fun! (I add that I am undefeated against the little tikes! Although that's not much, since I have about 8 years and about 2 feet on em. Adds to the intimidation factor I guess!) πŸ˜€
  14. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 18:431 edit
    If this doesn't deserve a bump, nothing does.

Cheers for the link Tmetzler πŸ™‚
  15. Sandwich Land
    Moves
    15 Sep '06 19:06
    nice...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree