1. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 09:20
    Why was a draw agreed in the Evans-Reshevsky game? After Kh8 or Kf8, followed by Rxg3, isn't black still better? Or is that not enough to force a win?
  2. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 11:32
    Originally posted by tvochess
    Why was a draw agreed in the Evans-Reshevsky game? After Kh8 or Kf8, followed by Rxg3, isn't black still better? Or is that not enough to force a win?
    The rook can just keep checking the king!
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Mar '12 16:411 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    V8 - I never like upgrades. If something is working leave it alone.
    It took me 12 years to get off Windows 3.1, that was really a smashing piece of kit. It never let me down.
    I quite agree. I still use old versions of Opera, Pegasus Mail and Free Agent instead of the latest issues of Chrome (a.k.a. Tin Plating) and Outhouse Express. I fully adhere to the KISS principle.

Surprised it did not fix it. There must be c/returns and tabs in the white space.

There are - I inserted blank lines in some of the comments - and I believe that that is the problem. I don't see that it should be a problem at all, but the RHP Forum Doohicky is not the only PGN reader which has problems with them.

Someone must know of a simple, no gimmicks, standard easy to use PGN editor that is RHP friendly. Perhaps some Einstein can write one.

I may be tempted to write at least a gimmick-free PGN-to-RHP-compatibility-massager myself. It will, of course, be written in plain ISO C - vide supra!

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree