1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 14:23
    http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/nstv/2011/02/augmented-reality-system-teaches-you-chess.html

It is said to be able to replace a coach. I want one!
  2. Standard memberThabtos
    I am become Death
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 16:37
    Really? Replace a coach?

Is that augmented silicon tit going to teach you how to handle pressure because it's personally experienced the stress of competing for norms, or a local championship?

Is it going to show you how to shake up your opponent with a sacrifice that's objectively unsound, but almost impossible to refute OTB? Will it get mad at you when you play below your level and be proud when you win a high-quality game?

Can it make you feel better by showing you that even though it's strong, it still has made many many mistakes to get to where it is? Can it tell you what a plan is?
  3. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Mar '11 16:53
    Other than (possibly) a benefit to blind players, I can't see how this is any better than a copy of Chessmaster. (Maybe not even as good as CM.) Although I'll admit that I haven't really seen it in action yet, only a promotional clip.
  4. Joined
    04 Sep '10
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 02:481 edit
    hm, i think that it is quite useless except to science and maybe visually impaired people. so it shows you the possible moves, and finds illegal ones? it reads more like an 'instant-otb-translation-to-pc' thingy.

and ayways, what does that have to do with the fan?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree