Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 25 Nov '05 00:01
    www.gensunasumus.com
  2. 25 Nov '05 01:28
    Looks like you can only search database by eco code. certainly a handicap when using this site. i don't even know the codes.
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    25 Nov '05 02:15
    Originally posted by buddy2
    Looks like you can only search database by eco code. certainly a handicap when using this site. i don't even know the codes.
    http://www.chessville.com/misc/misc_codes_ecocodes.htm
  4. 26 Nov '05 20:18
    Yea, i know you can find the codes. I have books with the codes, but how do you check a specific line if you just know the code? I would think a position checker, like they have on chessgames.com, etc. would be more convenient.
  5. 26 Nov '05 23:57
    http://www.gensunasumus.com/explorer/explorer1.php
  6. 06 Dec '05 07:24
    @buddy2
    You can search by player, year, result and eco!
    There are opening explorer (openings) and position search (search database for specific position).
  7. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    06 Dec '05 07:48
    Originally posted by saturnjupiter
    @buddy2
    You can search by player, year, result and eco!
    There are opening explorer (openings) and position search (search database for specific position).
    Far far far too slow to be useable.
  8. Standard member Chakan
    Oro!
    06 Dec '05 07:57
    does anyone use www.chesslive.de ? used to be able to search on position but doesn't bring back any results anymore.
  9. 06 Dec '05 11:41
    Originally posted by Chakan
    does anyone use www.chesslive.de ? used to be able to search on position but doesn't bring back any results anymore.
    The downtime seems to be over.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    06 Dec '05 17:22
    Shredder just put up an online database at http://www.shredderchess.com/online-chess/online-databases/opening-database.html

    It has nice graphics and is extremely fast, though it doesn't have as many games as some of the others like Chesslive.
  11. 13 Dec '05 16:44
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Far far far too slow to be useable.
    Look now.

    I think now is not too slow
  12. 08 Jun '06 17:02
    Originally posted by kukipei
    www.gensunasumus.com
    On June 5th, GensUnaSumus is officially 6 months online. GensUnaSumus.com enounces that in next 3 months you can sign-up completely FREE. Enjoy!
  13. 08 Jun '06 17:06
    Originally posted by kukipei2
    On June 5th, GensUnaSumus is officially 6 months online. GensUnaSumus.com enounces that in next 3 months you can sign-up completely FREE. Enjoy!
    How many Kukipeis does one site need?
  14. 08 Jun '06 17:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Shredder just put up an online database at http://www.shredderchess.com/online-chess/online-databases/opening-database.html

    It has nice graphics and is extremely fast, though it doesn't have as many games as some of the others like Chesslive.
    Wow! Best online database iv ever seen.

    Basicly the same as an opening book. Although seems to contain more positions than my own.
  15. 08 Jun '06 18:45
    thanks for database info, no1marauder. Seems like the first two columns of opening database are missing: value (an interesting concept) and probablity. I'd like to see those two enabled.