1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 13:272 edits
    Played this game last night and it has a nice (if unsound) sacrifice in it. 🙂

2. Joined
    26 Aug '11
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 07:562 edits
    Wow that was a very nice "Speed Chess" of yours Marink. Very impressive !!
    a "non-silicon chip" attack variation. wow. 🙂
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 19:161 edit
    Originally posted by jcmessy
    Wow that was a very nice "Speed Chess" of yours Marink. Very impressive !!
    a "non-silicon chip" attack variation. wow. 🙂
    Thanks. It's not completely sound by any means, but i have been trying to take a leaf out of greenpawns book and play a little more on instinct. The position before ..f5 is not looking very pretty for black. I played through a brilliant game the other day that inspired me to try the modern. Two lessons i took from this game, you can exchange the white bishop for the Nf3 and gain an advantage. Secondly, speedy development isn't always necessary, provided you are securing good fr your pieces to occupy at some later stage. Enjoy..

4. Joined
    26 Aug '11
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 20:29
    Whose game was this?
    Who was White?.., and who was Black?

This was the position after 11..h4 (your posted pgn)

White should have continued the stronger 12.g4. (to prevent the enemy knight to post @ f5)
    It would have created a different path of fight. instead of the pointless 12.Ne2?
    What do you think? 🙂
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 20:531 edit
    Whose game was this?
    Who was White?.., and who was Black?

[fen]r3kbnr/pp1n1p2/1qp1p1p1/3pP3/3P1P1p/2N1BQ1P/PPP3P1/1K1R1B1R w- - kq 0 11[/fen]
    This was the position after 11..h4 (your posted pgn)

White should have continued the stronger 12.g4. (to prevent the enemy knight to post @ f5)
    It would have created a different path of fight. instead of the pointless 12.Ne2?
    What do you think? 🙂
    g4 hxg3 secures the f5 square for the knight. That was the whole point of playing h5, removing any possibility of white establishing a pawn on g4. 🙂
  6. Joined
    26 Aug '11
    Moves
    23 Nov '12 21:39

This was the position after 13.Ne2
    (from 11..h4; 12.g4 hxg3; 13.Ne2)

after the above line, the continuation... 13..Ne7; 14.Nxg3 gives equal chances on both sides.
    Therefore, the 11..h4 alternative of black don't really promise an edge for black
    at all, since the position is still debateable. Agreed enough? 🙂
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 06:06
    [fen]r3kbnr/pp1n1p2/1qp1p1p1/3pP3/3P1P2/4BQpP/PPP1N3/1K1R1B1R w- - kq 0 11[/fen]
    This was the position after 13.Ne2
    (from [b]11..h4; 12.g4 hxg3; 13.Ne2
    )

after the above line, the continuation... 13..Ne7; 14.Nxg3 gives equal chances on both sides.
    Therefore, the 11..h4 alternative of black don't really promise an edge for black
    at all, since the position is still debateable. Agreed enough? 🙂
    [/b]
    Yes i think it's playable, but black Ra8 is given an extra square (h4) and the a3 pawn requires defending. By neglecting to play g4 white doesn't introduce this weakness into his position. It's hard to say really, I think white preferred to keep the knight on the board and transfer it to the Queenside to aid an attack there (as black castled Queenside). This is one of those decisions that is very hard to evaluate. We could count tempi and try and establish something that way, but tbh i don't think this sort of position lends itself well to that sort of evaluation. At this point in the game both sides are maneuvering, something which happens when the initiative is still in dispute. I'm sure there are many ways to continue, establishing the best one is really beyond my level..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree