1. Joined
    17 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 01:14
    That's right. In my local Bookland bookstore (a division of Books A Million) there is not a single chess book in their games and puzzles section which contains 4 shelves. There are picture puzzle books and sudoku and crossword puzzle books but no chess. There was a "zombie sudoku" book so maybe someone needs to publish a "zombie chess" book. Zombies are very popular lately so that might work.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 01:25
    Originally posted by homedepotov
    That's right. In my local Bookland bookstore (a division of Books A Million) there is not a single chess book in their games and puzzles section which contains 4 shelves. There are picture puzzle books and sudoku and crossword puzzle books but no chess. There was a "zombie sudoku" book so maybe someone needs to publish a "zombie chess" book. Zombies are very popular lately so that might work.
    All the Go players in your town burned them. 😕
  3. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 02:14
    For some reason, when I think of chess and zombies, the Colle system seems to come to mind.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 02:31
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    For some reason, when I think of chess and zombies, the Colle system seems to come to mind.
    I don't think so, even a Zombie has a plan. 😕
  5. Joined
    21 Jan '12
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 08:04
    what does zombie sudoku look like?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jul '12 08:171 edit
    you'll pay for that buchman, i will hunt you down on FICS and make you eat those
    words, it will matter little what anti-colle line you try, all are accounted for, Dutch,
    ..Bf5-Bg4, Queens Indian, Kingside Fianchetto, Benoni, Chigorin etc etc 😛
  7. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 01:11
    Yes!
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 01:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you'll pay for that buchman, i will hunt you down on FICS and make you eat those
    words, it will matter little what anti-colle line you try, all are accounted for, Dutch,
    ..Bf5-Bg4, Queens Indian, Kingside Fianchetto, Benoni, Chigorin etc etc 😛
    The best anti Colle line is to simply play chess.
  9. e4
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 01:54
    Hi homedepotov

Why are you telling us this.

You should be saying that you noticed there were no chess books in this store
    so you and your fellow members at your chess club kept going in at every
    chance you got and asked for chess books.
    You and your pals also phoned at least once a day asking if there were
    any chess books.

You finish the post with.....

...and now the store has suddenly started stocking chess books.

BTW some stores place chess books in the sports section.
    That would be a laugh if you went back there and found dozens of chess books
    inbetween canoeing and cross country running.
  10. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 02:01
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    All the Go players in your town burned them. 😕
    Go figure.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 02:27
    The first chess books I ever looked at were from the local Library.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 02:44
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    The best anti Colle line is to simply play chess.
    Besides, whoever heard of a colle who could play chess? They are a nice breed but chess?......
  13. Joined
    17 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 04:42
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Hi homedepotov

Why are you telling us this.

You should be saying that you noticed there were no chess books in this store
    so you and your fellow members at your chess club kept going in at every
    chance you got and asked for chess books.
    You and your pals also phoned at least once a day asking if there were
    any chess books.

You finish the po ...[text shortened]... u went back there and found dozens of chess books
    inbetween canoeing and cross country running.
    I was just making a simple shocking observation that a brick-and-mortar bookstore doesn't stock any chess books. My outrage level doesn't rise high enough to warrant action. And I'm not a proactive extrovert type, I'm a reactive introvert type.

I get all my chess books from amazon.com or eBay anyway.
  14. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 05:31

I get all my chess books from amazon.com or eBay anyway.
    Indeed ... It's sickening when the big chains do have chess books. The price range is generally $29.95 and up, and those same books are at amazon for $15 or less most of the time. I can understand people enjoying the coffee, but what's in it to make someone just give away their money? People sometimes call me cheap for not buying at the chains. It's not really being cheap if you spend the exact same amount of money and just get twice as much stuff.
  15. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    30 Jul '12 05:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Besides, whoever heard of a colle who could play chess? They are a nice breed but chess?......
    And what's this I hear about trouble with violins on television?

... Never Mind!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree