Game 3722824
  2. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 16:021 edit
    Originally posted by YUG0slav
    back home and good to go
    YUG0slav-adricsrevenge
    Game 3722824
    ahh the pitfall of the pirc... I have seen a GM play that line however! (or something very similar)
  3. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 16:21
    Originally posted by pawntorook4
    Third time is a charm!!! Woohoo I finally won a game..

Game 3696281
    yes, very well done to keep up the pressure with your pins and threats, it was almost worth it to sac the knight just for the initiative. However, it might not have turned out so good if you didn't get the rook in the end. Good play none the less! Impressive for your rating. 🙂
  4. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 16:40
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    Game 3693682 - One of the longest Spanish opening lines. This game is still 'in book' through online research materials. Boring as heck... of course, GIP
    This was a good game. One tactic I want to point out (for anyone who has never heard of it) is called a Zwischenzug! (meaning an inbetween move) 28...e4 was it, usually zwichenzugs are checks, but this was a threat on the knight. Usually you have a series of exchanges and you expect it to go, I take, he takes, I take, he takes, I win a pawn. But instead it goes, I take, he takes, I take, he checks? (or something similar) and then you end up losing a piece, or else not winning a pawn, and this is what happened. If black would have taken the pawn immediatley with 28...Nxd4, he would have lost the e-pawn.

Ziwchenzugs are really fun, I like them alot because of their subtleties and this was a good example of one that was not a check!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 19:031 edit
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    Game 3696815
    0-1

Twas a good game, too bad it couldn't've been played out a bit better.

EMlasker, if you see this, you are welcome to challenge me anytime. 🙂
    i'll try to avoid you
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 02:381 edit
    Originally posted by hartmch

Here is the game Game 693727
    That's not the game - I just noticed.
    Game 3693727
    game finished 1-0 🙂
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 02:421 edit
    This was a good game. One tactic I want to point out (for anyone who has never heard of it) is called a Zwischenzug! (meaning an inbetween move) 28...e4 was it, usually zwichenzugs are checks, but this was a threat on the knight. Usually you have a series of exchanges and you expect it to go, I take, he takes, I take, he takes, I win a pawn. But instead ...[text shortened]... e them alot because of their subtleties and this was a good example of one that was not a check!
    the game stayed in book until the drawing tactic on move 22... devestatingly boring 😛.

and the game was 24 moves long.. I don't think i'll ever be good enough to pull a zwischenzug on move 28 in a 24 move game 😛.
  8. Standard memberpawntorook4
    chaotic patzer
    Campinas, SP; Brazil
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 14:30
    yes, very well done to keep up the pressure with your pins and threats, it was almost worth it to sac the knight just for the initiative. However, it might not have turned out so good if you didn't get the rook in the end. Good play none the less! Impressive for your rating. 🙂
    Well, I know it was a risk when I tried to lure the rook out, and if he didn't bite I would have been screwed, but I figured, I was already with two losses, so I had nothing to lose. I also learned to keep my game load down and concentrate more, stop rushing through moves. I have time plus time bank, and I need to learn to manage them correctly to dedicate time to the moves. When I did, I have nice results, when i do not I piss away the game.
  9. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 15:25
    the game stayed in book until the drawing tactic on move 22... devestatingly boring 😛.

and the game was 24 moves long.. I don't think i'll ever be good enough to pull a zwischenzug on move 28 in a 24 move game 😛.
    haha yeah, oops, I meant move 18...e4 😛
  10. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 15:30
    hipercandombe erased our game for round three. What should I do now? 😕
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 15:371 edit
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    hipercandombe erased our game for round three. What should I do now? 😕
    go celebrate on your third round masterpiece??
  12. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 15:41
    go celebrate on your third round masterpiece??
    Chucks! I wanted to play a game. That's two wins due to a no-show now. 😞
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 15:43
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Chucks! I wanted to play a game. That's two wins due to a no-show now. 😞
    Your psychological tactics are working perfectly. At this rate you're gonna be the undefeated champion of this tournament!!! congrats!
  14. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 15:45
    Your psychological tactics are working perfectly. At this rate you're gonna be the undefeated champion of this tournament!!! congrats!
    That most be good I suppose. Winning a tournament and playing an actual game. 😛 😕
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 18:19
    [gid]Game 3696815[/gid]

congratz

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree