Non-Members Tournament

Non-Members Tournament

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
04 Apr 07

Originally posted by ih8sens
Just wanted to remind everyone to PM me with the results, rather than post them on here... I may miss stuff on here. I won't miss a PM.
sure thing

RS

Under ur ChessBoard!

Moves
04 Apr 07

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Oh man...the Restless Soul vs. scubily match is an absolute nailbiter. Gonna need the LARGE bucket of popcorn for that one.
"After pk4, white's game is in its lost......."

P

Moves
04 Apr 07

Originally posted by Schachgot
If Patzergrl wants to, I could play another "Rnd 1" game...I've left my game space open.
I'm game

S

Moves
04 Apr 07

Alright, I'll send you an invite.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
05 Apr 07

Hi everyone,

I really have nothing to say 😉

Just want to bump this thread up so i don't lose it.

Hope everything's going alright.

c

USA

Moves
05 Apr 07

Man, I wish I had joined!Didn't see this thread till you bumped it! Oh well, whenever you have the next one, I'll join. Seems neat.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
05 Apr 07

Originally posted by chesskid001
Man, I wish I had joined!Didn't see this thread till you bumped it! Oh well, whenever you have the next one, I'll join. Seems neat.
It filled up in 24 hours... Check the forums every time you come on here. But it might not be for a while, this one is taking it's time.

W

Moves
05 Apr 07

I would like to see a 1 day with 0 timebank tournament.

h
Endgamer

Wisconsin

Moves
05 Apr 07

Originally posted by Wayne1324
I would like to see a 1 day with 0 timebank tournament.
I second that. Why don't you set one up?

W

Moves
05 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by hammster21
I second that. Why don't you set one up?
I will do that... look for the thread.

ih8sens I have reserved a place for you since this was your idea. If you are interested.

hammster21, you are already in! 🙂

h
Endgamer

Wisconsin

Moves
05 Apr 07

cool. I'll be watching for it, so are you gonna change the way its played ? round robin, swiss, theres lots of possibilities.

W

Moves
05 Apr 07

Originally posted by hammster21
cool. I'll be watching for it, so are you gonna change the way its played ? round robin, swiss, theres lots of possibilities.
I was just gonna pair by ratings... I dont know anything about the round robin or swiss stuff.

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
05 Apr 07

Originally posted by Wayne1324
I was just gonna pair by ratings... I dont know anything about the round robin or swiss stuff.
In tennis (the only other game that I've ever been in a tournament), they actually pair the highest rated player against the lowest rated player, with two separate divisions (if you can still follow me). Basically, what this does is ensure a final between two highly skilled players, rather than a low rated player who really sucks just getting in there because of lucky pairings. That also ensures that #1 and 2 cannot play each other until the finals.

Obviously, there are other ways to do it. But I personally like that style.

RS

Under ur ChessBoard!

Moves
05 Apr 07

Originally posted by ih8sens
In tennis (the only other game that I've ever been in a tournament), they actually pair the highest rated player against the lowest rated player, with two separate divisions (if you can still follow me). Basically, what this does is ensure a final between two highly skilled players, rather than a low rated player who really sucks just getting in there becau ...[text shortened]... til the finals.

Obviously, there are other ways to do it. But I personally like that style.
hmmm, but #2 always stinks

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
05 Apr 07

No finishes recently eh?

Looks like round 1 is gonna go the distance.