1. Joined
    30 Jul '06
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 02:14
    how do i get to chess rating 1500 rating and what chess oppenning should i learn. i am a d-4/ d-4 player.and i play carro kann defense against e-4.what varioations should i use. thxs.
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 02:24
    Originally posted by MRmartirosov
    how do i get to chess rating 1500 rating and what chess oppenning should i learn. i am a d-4/ d-4 player.and i play carro kann defense against e-4.what varioations should i use. thxs.
    check out my thread need help getting to 1400, page 2 of that thread half way down follow that advice.

You will find the thread in the chess forum on page 2

I suggest you play 1.e4 and in response to 1.e4 play 1...e5

Caro is hard to play for beginners.
  3. Joined
    24 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '06 13:18
    I think 1.d4 is fine. When I was a beginner I liked 1.d4. As for Caro-Kann, I think it may be a little too complex for beginners. Try 1....e5 or the Scandinavian defence.
  4. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    01 Aug '06 05:03
    As far as I know you will run into 1.e4 alot, and I've heard that the best response is 1...e5 because it is theoretically the best reply... so if you can learn to defend against 1.e4 with 1...e5 well then you are probably going to get to 1300 anyway just because it is the most common opening.

Also, if you must play 1.d4 and you are absolutley against 1...e5 against it then try to find a response that will transpose into lines you are more familiar with... like something you would find in a 1.d4 opening.

Maybe this is why you like the carro-kann, because it involves the d-pawn.

I guess my advice is, play Carro-Kann to test it out and if you find that it is too advanced you must revert to 1...e5 because its really the best way to learn open positions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree