1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 21:01
    Originally posted by diskamyl
    if by "virtual", you are giving hint about engine use, I don't think you've got evidence.

other than that, I was referring to CC play.
    I hate to be fighting in Squelchbelch's corner but virtual means "only online" not necessarily implication of cheating. This is like those who get high scores in CTS but cannot translate this to improved performances FICS/ICC/Playchess. A high CC rating does not mean you are good or as good OTB.
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 21:09
    Originally posted by Jie
    I hate to be fighting in Squelchbelch's corner but virtual means "only online" not necessarily implication of cheating. This is like those who get high scores in CTS but cannot translate this to improved performances FICS/ICC/Playchess. A high CC rating does not mean you are good or as good OTB.
    there are people who never hide nor deny facts even if it's not exactly flattering for them. and there are people who lie about everything starting from their nationality.

it's quite clear to me which ones to trust.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 21:13
    Yes I was talking about having a high virtual rating but being toothless OTB or FICS/ICC/Playchess. Wormwood, you don't happen to fall in this category by any chance? Hehe Hehe .....
  4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 21:21
    Originally posted by Jie
    Yes I was talking about having a high virtual rating but being toothless OTB or FICS/ICC/Playchess. Wormwood, you don't happen to fall in this category by any chance? Hehe Hehe .....
    troll.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 22:12
    Originally posted by Jie
    i have to admit that there is a certain integrity and honesty about a player that has the guts to document his progress and failures in all aspects of the game, whether OTB, CC or otherwise, and not only that, but as a direct consequence of this, success awaits him due to the fact that he is willing to look at his mistakes and try to gauge where they were erroneous, don't you think?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 22:14
    Originally posted by Jie
    I don't need a PR guy. My words are so powerful that when I post in certain posts normally in the site ideas forum, the whole post is removed! Beat that.
    yeh, like snowflakes on a river, a moment white then melting forever!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 22:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeh, like snowflakes on a river, a moment white then melting forever!
    robbie carrobie, you do not appear to have joined the tournament. Join immediately, you are seeing me lecturing Mad Rook and you know the drill ....
  8. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 22:44
    Originally posted by Jie
    robbie carrobie, you do not appear to have joined the tournament. Join immediately, you are seeing me lecturing Mad Rook and you know the drill ....
    What kind of openings do you like, Jie?
    What do you think of the Morra gambit, for instance?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 22:47
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    What kind of openings do you like, Jie?
    What do you think of the Morra gambit, for instance?
    The Morra's good. Why you play it?
  10. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 22:55
    Originally posted by Jie
    The Morra's good. Why you play it?
    Yes & you just cleared something up 😉
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 23:01
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Yes & you just cleared something up 😉
    I'm sick of people who are not real chess players dude. Everybody knows we are looking for 128 players and you have people posting in the forums only and not playing chess. Should we line them up and shoot them?
  12. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 23:19
    Originally posted by Jie
    I'm sick of people who are not real chess players dude. Everybody knows we are looking for 128 players and you have people posting in the forums only and not playing chess. Should we line them up and shoot them?
    my sub star makes me immune to bullets. and i may just shoot something not nice back 😛
  13. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 23:431 edit
    Originally posted by Jie
    Dude, I hope you realize its not against the rules to participate in the forum only.

What defines "people who are not real chess players?"

Because if it means what I think it does, you must hate 95% of the worlds population.
  14. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    07 Sep '08 23:59
    Originally posted by clandarkfire

What defines "people who are not real chess players?"
    only a real scotsman would know.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '08 00:28
    Originally posted by Jie
    lol, no one lectures Mad Rook, i know, Ive tried, but the man has a mind of his own and hes prepared to use it! and why shouldn't he? but i take up the challenge, but i think that i will do badly as i am just over 1500 and therefore face all the 1700+ guys, man its gonna be a bumpy ride for poor ol robbie!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree