1. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 May '07 17:40
    I was just wondering if any of you experienced an improvement in your OTB play, after delving into CC for the first time. It seems to me, that my overall board vision has improved from doing extensive analysis of positions here at RHP. What about you?
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 May '07 17:41
    yet to analize,ill give it a try....someday
  3. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 May '07 17:47
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    yet to analize,ill give it a try....someday
    Heh, I just meant that since you have so long to make a move, you have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the position better (obviously), and just was curious if this has aided your skill in OTB analysis. For instance, I can see things easier and faster in OTB than I used to.
  4. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 May '07 17:53
    i see how this is true...as going between games a lot is a great brain workout...then focusing on one board you would be better...i play here because i have no one else to play against...so i wouldnt know for sure.
  5. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    21 May '07 23:08
    Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
    I was just wondering if any of you experienced an improvement in your OTB play, after delving into CC for the first time. It seems to me, that my overall board vision has improved from doing extensive analysis of positions here at RHP. What about you?
    I have got worse and demand a refund.
  6. Sydney
    Moves
    21 May '07 23:22
    I just played a OTB tournament just a few days ago on the weekend. Earlier this year around early february I played much poorly compared to few days ago. Earlier this year I beat a person rated 1557, drew with 1250 and just got mowed in the opening against 1700's and other 1500's.

Just a few days ago I beat up a 1620, 1648 and 1690 rated player, resigned prematurely against a 1879 rated, drew against a 1611 rated (which was winning easily, I blundered in time pressure), and lost to a 2080 and 2076 rated (shouldve drawn, she was WIM). At one stage, I was one board away from playing GM Dejan Antic.

Now tell me, is this just pure luck? Or have I really improved?
  7. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    22 May '07 00:36
    Originally posted by bunta
    I just played a OTB tournament just a few days ago on the weekend. Earlier this year around early february I played much poorly compared to few days ago. Earlier this year I beat a person rated 1557, drew with 1250 and just got mowed in the opening against 1700's and other 1500's.

Just a few days ago I beat up a 1620, 1648 and 1690 rated player, resigned p ...[text shortened]... om playing GM Dejan Antic.

Now tell me, is this just pure luck? Or have I really improved?
    It was pure luck; stop trying to get in the way of my refund.
  8. Tionesta
    Moves
    22 May '07 01:05
    Say there Ivanhine, I can sympathise with your position. I too am unable to find a local person to play chess with.. It gets really frustrating when you invest in chess sets, clock, and other paraphenalia. But so goes life. Thanks for places like RHP. Note: I tried other sites and feel this to be the best for my money. 😏
  9. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    22 May '07 01:18
    Nope.
    I still rot.

-J
  10. USA
    Moves
    22 May '07 01:49
    My OTB rating has improved about 450 points since I joined RHP, but I don't think it was because of the correspondence (more through my studying)
  11. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    22 May '07 03:01
    Originally posted by Evil Pawn 666
    Say there Ivanhine, I can sympathise with your position. I too am unable to find a local person to play chess with.. It gets really frustrating when you invest in chess sets, clock, and other paraphenalia. But so goes life. Thanks for places like RHP. Note: I tried other sites and feel this to be the best for my money. 😏
    ya....i quit chess after moving out of elementary...not fun when nobody to play...i got interested again seeing a few famous games on my old chessmaster. when i went back to a site i played on one weekend..also with this site, you also get a chance at a meetup...something i might do one day..

my name is Jvanhine (jesse van hine) btw..🙂
  12. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    22 May '07 07:41
    Hmm... I'm not sure about this one. When I joined up here - sure, I was playing way more games than OTB, but I didn't see myself becoming any better (in both OTB &CC) until I started putting the work in... studying openings, tactics etc. I think that's what makes the difference. Otherwise I'd just be playing the same old games OTB & CC.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree