Obama vs. McCain in Chess!!!

Obama vs. McCain in Chess!!!

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
10 Oct 08

http://jennifershahade.com/site/2008/09/23/obama-plays-chess-against-mccain/

barack obama as white, and McCain as black XD

d

1. e4!!

Moves
10 Oct 08

Isn't this better suited to the propaganda err I mean political forum?

Moves
10 Oct 08
1 edit

I would have thought McCain might have gotten some action out of his bishops being that the religious right is behind him, but they didn't move. Are they less than thrilled with him? 😛

And what's with c6 and not following up with d5? Is this a Caro-Kain defense?

p

Moves
10 Oct 08
1 edit

Great analogy!! Only you got the colors reversed. Obama is black. Do you glasses?

Moves
10 Oct 08

Originally posted by EmLasker
http://jennifershahade.com/site/2008/09/23/obama-plays-chess-against-mccain/

barack obama as white, and McCain as black XD
I was going by this.

I think that since Obama is half white he can go either way on white or black. McCain is afraid of losing at the hands of the blacks, so he's playing on the black side to drum up support. When you play like this, though, they'll see right through you.

p

Moves
10 Oct 08

You're right; I wasn't thinking ...

e

Moves
10 Oct 08

looking at Obama, you can tell that "he" is a woman...always knew the two-faced idiot of a man didn't have the balls to run the nation

CD

Moves
10 Oct 08

Two faced without any doubt!
But definetly not an idiot
Maybe even three faced but it helps when you have 80% of the media on your side

e

Moves
11 Oct 08

true enough...

MS

Under Cover

Moves
11 Oct 08

Not how I would have expected the game to go...more along the following lines:

1. Obama would open with 1e4 because it tends to be more dynamic and flashy.

2. McCain would reply with a Caro-Kann (or as my friend Badwater said, a Caro-Cain) because it is solid and boring, but reliable.

3. Obama would continue to make exciting, flashy looking moves with no substance, probably some early Qh5 type of stuff.

4. McCain would reply with boring, defensive moves that do nothing to exploit the weaknesses of Obama's approach.

5. Obama would eventually win the game, after having a small but consistent lead throughout that McCain did nothing to actively try to dispute.

6. Obama's supporters would claim that he had done something close to miraculous in his remarkable achivement, while McCain's supporters would sit around not sure if they should be angry with their man, or trying to google up photo-shopped photos of their would be Vice President.

7. In 4 years none of it matters because whoever wins is a 1 termer due to the fact that the US and World economy are headed into the toilet anyway.

F

Moves
11 Oct 08

Isn't Obama black and McCain white?

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
11 Oct 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Isn't Obama black and McCain white?
Hard to tell nowdays that black is black and white, white

p

Moves
11 Oct 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Maxwell Smart
Not how I would have expected the game to go...more along the following lines:

1. Obama would open with 1e4 because it tends to be more dynamic and flashy.

2. McCain would reply with a Caro-Kann (or as my friend Badwater said, a Caro-Cain) because it is solid and boring, but reliable.

3. Obama would continue to make exciting, flashy looking mo s a 1 termer due to the fact that the US and World economy are headed into the toilet anyway.
Different subject, but I've always wanted to pair opening style with historic generals or leaders.

For example:

1. Brig. Gen. Irvin McDowell commanded untrained volunteers in the first battle of bull run. He expected to overwhelm P.G.T. Beauregard's inferior army of lesser men, but reinforcements were rushed to the site by train to equalize the forces. So, let's place this battle on the chessboard. McDowell is playing the white pieces. He moved directly to his target at Manassas, so he would have played 1. e4 But his actions are too slow. He is manipulating his pieces much like you expect from a player in 1861. His mentor is Adolf Anderssen. Beauregard, on the other hand, has studied the game of Paul Morphy. He understands the importance of piece development. It would have been a Spanish Opening.

2. Winfield Scott would have played 1. d4 because of his Anaconda Plan.

3. Nathan Bedford Forrest would have played the Sicilian Najdorf, but preferred the white pieces as demonstrated by his actions at Fort Pillow.

b

Moves
12 Oct 08

I think McCain had to start two pawns down- one for the slanted media and another for George W. Truth be told, however, I am a registered Republican, but I want the next U.S. President to be intelligent and McCain doesn't seem to have much of it. Also, while a lot of rhetoric spills out of Obama - I find him to be quite inspiring and much easier to rally behind. Hope and intelligence - what a novel concept🙂

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
12 Oct 08

Originally posted by bdog2222
I think McCain had to start two pawns down- one for the slanted media and another for George W. Truth be told, however, I am a registered Republican, but I want the next U.S. President to be intelligent and McCain doesn't seem to have much of it. Also, while a lot of rhetoric spills out of Obama - I find him to be quite inspiring and much easier to rally behind. Hope and intelligence - what a novel concept🙂
2 Rooks down actually -one for the colapse of Wall Street and one his excursion to Iraq;