1. Joined
    13 May '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 19:14
    Does anyone know if 'redhot' let me make a move that will open me to a check. (I know that in normal circumstances no) if that move puts my oponent in check? i think it should let me.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 19:33
    Originally posted by Shultzo
    Does anyone know if 'redhot' let me make a move that will open me to a check. (I know that in normal circumstances no) if that move puts my oponent in check? i think it should let me.
    If it were allowed it would be a foolish move because your opponent would be able to snatch your king off the board thereby winning the game.
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 20:51
    RHP follows the rules to the letter, so no you can't!
    You can't make a move that puts you in check even if you put your opponent in check. Why? Your opponent would capture your king first
  4. e4
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 21:27
    Originally posted by Shultzo
    It's the phrase "open me to a check" (I know that in normal circumstances no)....

Perhaps he asking if he can expose his King to a check not
    actually move into check.

Anyway this may help:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/help/index.php?help=moves
  5. Joined
    13 May '08
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 21:51
    I see now that my logic was flowed. his answer to my check would be to kill my king, thanks for clearing my mind.
  6. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    26 Sep '08 22:02
    Originally posted by pijun
    RHP follows the rules to the letter, so no you can't!
    You can't make a move that puts you in check even if you put your opponent in check. Why? Your opponent would capture your king first
    Not quite. You can lose a game via timeout even though your opponent only has a bare king (insufficient mating material).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree