One move a day (3)

One move a day (3)

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d
happy

home

Moves
03 Mar 08

beware. trolls moving ;-)

d

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by Red Night
I think it adds to the anticipation and frankly you get the most people participating early on.

By the end of the first one it was mostly mephisto, me, and tebbs...with mephisto and I doing most of the analysis.

By the end of the second it was mostly mephisto, me, and dragon fire...with DF doing most of the analysis.
oh, OK, that's exactly what I was asking for. give me a practical reason. thanks. now I understand at least it's only practical and not principal. I could accept that. 🙂

F

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by diskamyl
I didn't say they wern't interesting. if white would start with 1.b3 or 1.f4 they would be interesting, but trying to guess the first move is just [b]so meaningless in every point of view. it just doesn't mean anything, it's actually not even thinking, it's almost silly. the same applies for the next several moves too, I think.

I really can't believ ...[text shortened]... gine you're trying to do the same thing for a chess player you don't even know.[/b]
In any ordinary game, you cannot ever skip the first moves until the agreed 4th or 5th move not even knowing what these are.

If you are not interesting in the first (say) 10 half moves, then take a pause and get back after 10 days, and you will have a similar situation as you want.

Every game is started with the first move, so should this. This is my opinion. And what I've heard others too.

If you like, start a thread and show us a game the way you want it to be shown.

i

Moves
03 Mar 08

1.f4

F

Moves
03 Mar 08

Seeing as Black will be replying e5, why not start with e4?
😉😉😉

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
Seeing as Black will be replying e5, why not start with e4?
😉😉😉
If black is going to reply e5, let's start with Nf3

F

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by Red Night
If black is going to reply e5, let's start with Nf3
It was a joke.

K

Moves
03 Mar 08

As the newly appointed resident noobie, I would like to follow along...

To proove my abundent wealth of chess knowledge,

LETS GO A4 - EARLY ROOK PLAY BABY!!!

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
It was a joke.
mine also

i

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by KevinMWHM

this is not a bad idea, in fact we could win early with a double rook slammy down the F file 😛

k

Moves
03 Mar 08

HOW DO i terminate my account???

a

Moves
03 Mar 08

My vote is 1. d4

Reading the last one was a lot of fun, but the resulting position was so much different than anything I'm used to playing, so I had no business commenting. With a QGA (or a Ruy with 1. e4) I will have a better understanding of what's going on.

There are very few things funnier than that dancing banana, by the way. Maybe monkeys in suits, but that's it. Good call.

a

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by KevinMWHM

I like this idea too. a4 then h4, that ought to get things interesting really quickly. 😉

d

Moves
03 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
In any ordinary game, you cannot ever skip the first moves until the agreed 4th or 5th move not even knowing what these are.

If you are not interesting in the first (say) 10 half moves, then take a pause and get back after 10 days, and you will have a similar situation as you want.

Every game is started with the first move, so should this. This is others too.

If you like, start a thread and show us a game the way you want it to be shown.
this is not the appropriate way to discuss the validness of ideas. I was asking for the reason behind the format and you say go on and start yours if you like. it's not the point.

anyway, I don't have any problem with you or the starter of this thread or anything, and appreciate the work both of you put into this, and am glad to participate.

Back to basics

About

Moves
03 Mar 08

Originally posted by allostery
I like this idea too. a4 then h4, that ought to get things interesting really quickly. 😉
It could be interesting to play an engine with an insane opening like that to see if the whole RHP community could beat it.