1. Joined
    13 Aug '07
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 09:541 edit
    Because I am a shameless Kramnik fan and because it is, together with of course your game one of the best games I have ever seen, I give you a Kramnik win over Kasparov (the only black win between them actually), I am sure that if you didn't know who played which colour you would guess it was Kasparov playing black.

26...Bc6 is a fantastic move, Kasparov missed that one.

Kramnik has played very passively and solidly from the year 2000 on but recently I am very happy with his play, he is showing us little hints of the old Kramnik that played the very nice game above!
  2. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 11:36
    Originally posted by enrico20
    Clean your goggles, what was posted as the 4th response?
    I didn't see it, but least you were courteous about it.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 14:101 edit
    Originally posted by Gatusso
    Because I am a shameless Kramnik fan and because it is, together with of course your game one of the best games I have ever seen, I give you a Kramnik win over Kasparov (the only black win between them actually), I am sure that if you didn't know who played which colour you would guess it was Kasparov playing black.

[pgn][Event "It (cat.19)"]
    [Site "Dos s little hints of the old Kramnik that played the very nice game above!
    That is a great game! I wonder though, in the final position, can't white play Bf6...?

EDIT: Yes he can but the resulting pawn ending is lost... 😉
  4. Joined
    27 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 21:44
    In the Kasparov game I think the justification was that for his Queen he got 2 pieces and 2 pawns plus the initiative and crucially whites Knight and Queens rook are pretty much out of the game.....in the hands of the Worlds Greatest ever player thats worth the sac.

I'm 100% sure this wouldnt be an over the board inspirational moment either...
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 01:38
    Originally posted by TheBlueGhost
    In the Kasparov game I think the justification was that for his Queen he got 2 pieces and 2 pawns plus the initiative and crucially whites Knight and Queens rook are pretty much out of the game.....in the hands of the Worlds Greatest ever player thats worth the sac.

I'm 100% sure this wouldnt be an over the board inspirational moment either...
    I agree, there is no way he'd risk it without preparing it at home 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree