1. Yorkshire
    Moves
    20 May '07 20:06
    Isn't it annoying when your opponent deliberatly dosn't make a move in a game when they know they are to lose the match!!
  2. Standard memberDaphnes
    Rusty Veteran
    My happy place
    Moves
    20 May '07 20:47
    Slow games are annoying in general. I quit the clan I joined so I wouldn't be challenged x2 by slow people with large timeouts and timebanks.
  3. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 May '07 21:12
    im proud to say i go even faster in messed up games 🙂
  4. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    21 May '07 01:34
    Originally posted by gothcharles
    Isn't it annoying when your opponent deliberatly dosn't make a move in a game when they know they are to lose the match!!
    Your games have a time limit: they will eventually lose: get over it.
  5. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 May '07 01:36
    Yeah, it's almost as annoying as people who start threads about it.
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 May '07 01:42
    Maybe they're seeing if you fall asleep on them so they can time you out.
  7. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    21 May '07 01:42
    Originally posted by Ice Cold
    Yeah, it's almost as annoying as people who start threads about it.
    Recc'd you posted what I was thinking, cheers!
  8. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    21 May '07 12:02
    US CC Champ Ed Duliba said you should move as slowly as possible in CC games. It discourages and annoys some opponents so they are more likely to get careless and make a mistake. Maybe he’s right?!
  9. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    21 May '07 12:13
    "Quote of the Month: Never Make a Bad Move Quickly

On the surface, the axiom, “Never Make a Bad Move Quickly” appears to be stating the obvious. What does anyone gain from knowing they should not make a bad move quickly? And what is the sense of warning them? Yet there is much wisdom to be gained by understanding this principle!

Moving too quickly is one of the most common causes of unnecessary mistakes. I see this error being made multiple times each day! Stronger players almost never make this mistake, yet weaker ones commonly do, so there must be some correlation between understanding and eliminating this error and becoming a strong player."

Dan Heisman - The Two Move Triggers
    http://www.chesscafe.com/text/heisman61.pdf
  10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    21 May '07 12:341 edit
    Is it only annoying when your opponents do it?

Game 3427477

Pretty obvious after the loss of the rook at move 23 that your opponent was going to trade down and have the rook advantage but you managed to wheedle another 23 moves out of the game.

Pot kettle .....😛
  11. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    21 May '07 16:06
    Hey Charles my good man what are you doing on the thread page!!!

Hope you are well..............I agree it is annoying but theyre is a time limit and you just gotta wait till their time runs out!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree