1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 21:1710 edits
    This was a timed game I played at chess.com, which is part of why I made a mega blunder at the beginning, as black. I had thirty total minutes, yes, but still. Thanks to all the "sac" threads on RHP lately, I came back up with this:

2. Joined
    29 Oct '09
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 22:31
    Why 6...c6 instead of a knight move right away?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 23:08
    You're absolutely right. But being a timed game, I guess I choked. This is only my second OTB in about five years, and I guess I have to get used to timed games again.

Actually, I also played two Chess960 games, but I don't think that really counts.
  4. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 00:14
    OTB = Over The Board, i.e. played against a real-life opponent with a real-life chess set on a real-life chessboard. I think you're taking OTB to mean non-correspondence chess time control.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Nov '12 00:18
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    OTB = Over The Board, i.e. played against a real-life opponent with a real-life chess set on a real-life chessboard. I think you're taking OTB to mean non-correspondence chess time control.
    Thanks for letting me know. I saw other posters using OTB for non-correspondence, and thought that was correct; but I always thought it was strange. I'll refrain from using "OTB" when not playing face-to-face over a real board.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree