1. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    22 Oct '06 16:27
    Originally posted by Sharastani
    Tell your opponent you slept with his wife/husband!!!
    What the heck is a wifehusband?
  2. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    22 Oct '06 16:35
    Originally posted by monster truck
    What the heck is a wifehusband?
    Hard to tell if you're joking or not 😛
  3. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 20:18
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    Hard to tell if you're joking or not 😛
    That's just the way I like it!😉
  4. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 20:28
    I get lots of sleep. Get to the tournament early play 1-2 games of blitz then fill out my scoresheet. Shake hands with my opponent and have fun. I try and remind myself to 1. look at the whole board and 2. look for my opponents replies before moving.
  5. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 22:435 edits
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    I have only played in oen OTB tournament, but glancing over to their kingside every once in a while made my opponents feel a little uneasy.
    I had an opponent who did that once...the only problem was that his only play was on the queenside...anyways he DID launch a halfass kingside hope, failed miserably, and lost the game 🙂

i'll post the position where he started drooling at my king if I can find the game in my scorebook and actually feel like doing it.

here it is

basically, white started staring at my king, then the game continued 1. Kh2? Qf7 (missed the stronger g4) 2. g4? and white's haphazard hopes to strike back at the kingside killed him
  6. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '06 18:091 edit
    When Playing little 12 year old GM's, the secret is to stand for the whole game, arms crossed, never moving, and always staring, directly at them.

To make this even more effective, wear a massive Japanese Samurai Suit of armour.

to make this EVEN MORE EFFECTIVE, try to look and sound like "doku" from Ninja Gaiden Black.

when fear turns there pants brown, and they go to the toilet to sort it out, flag them.
  7. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '06 18:25
    I usually get excessively drunk the night before the tournament, then lean forward over the board and breathe on my opponent.
  8. Corvallis, Oregon
    Moves
    27 Oct '06 22:45
    Sit quietly, thoughtfully stroking your (fake) beard, then after a few minutes suddenly lurch forward and move your hand toward a piece like you've just found a mate in two. Then stop, mutter "No, not yet" and sit back. Repeat.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree