1. Joined
    05 Jul '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 01:11
    my opponent hasn't moved in over a month but is still within his timebank; i've sent him messages but no reply. is there any way i can get him to default the game?
  2. Joined
    12 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 01:12
    First: 🙄😴
    Second: What!?
  3. washington
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 01:38
    if you resign the game it goes away.... wait for a skull like a shark waiting for otters to pass by ;-)
  4. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 07:47
    Originally posted by richardcjennings
    my opponent hasn't moved in over a month but is still within his timebank; i've sent him messages but no reply. is there any way i can get him to default the game?
    What are you talking about? All your games in progress have had moves played within the last 6 dyas.

If you find this too slow and want to play more, become a subscriber. Its pretty cheap and worth it.
  5. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 08:09
    You accepted the game, which means you accepted the timebank. You need to play by the rules.
  6. Joined
    10 Dec '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 08:201 edit
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    What are you talking about? All your games in progress have had moves played within the last 6 dyas.

If you find this too slow and want to play more, become a subscriber. Its pretty cheap and worth it.
    DF do you own stock in RHP or something like that? In most post I see you responding like this to non-subs 🙂
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 08:43
    Originally posted by metbierop
    DF do you own stock in RHP or something like that? In most post I see you responding like this to non-subs 🙂
    And he's right.

I, too, have opponents not responding in frequence. They're playing snail games. But what do I care? I can start another one who will play faster. I can in fact start as many new games as I want, a limitless amount of games. Why? I'm a sub.

When I was new in RHP, I had the same problem. People who didn't give a * about the games. It happened that of the six games I had, only two was really active. So what did I do? I became a subscriber. Problem solved, and "Its pretty cheap and worth it." as DF put it.

And you get a lot of other things to go with it - tournaments, clans, leagues, sieges, and you don't have to read the ads.
  8. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 09:06
    Originally posted by metbierop
    I agree with both DF and FabianFnas;
    Too many people demand (almost) everything but are willing to pay nothing.
    I think the subscription fee here is a bargain. You get so much for so little.
  9. Joined
    13 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 12:16

I think he means this one: Game 3448633

I'd just wait and ignore that game till you can skull him or he moves. May take a few years though...
  10. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 15:53
    There's absolutely nothing you can do about it, and nor should there be. If you want a fast game don't accept ones with 21 day move limits with people whose profile says they move every week.
  11. Standard memberIan709
    In the learning
    Southern California
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 16:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    And he's right.

I, too, have opponents not responding in frequence. They're playing snail games. But what do I care? I can start another one who will play faster. I can in fact start as many new games as I want, a limitless amount of games. Why? I'm a sub.

When I was new in RHP, I had the same problem. People who didn't give a * about the games. It ...[text shortened]... to go with it - tournaments, clans, leagues, sieges, and you don't have to read the ads.
    2 of my games are like that...I'm so glad I bought that sub
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 16:301 edit
    Your opponent hasn't moved in any games in 32 days which implies that (s)he has left the site; this would also explain why he hasn't responded to messages. When his time bank runs out, which will presumably be fairly soon, you can time him out.
  13. San Diego
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 16:31
    Check the game with jb29. No move since mid-June, but still plenty of timebank remaining (21 day timeout, 28 day timebank). Choosing shorter time controls makes the games go faster, of course!
  14. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 17:39
    Originally posted by Jake Ellison
    I think he means this one: Game 3448633

I'd just wait and ignore that game till you can skull him or he moves. May take a few years though...
    Why select a game that is 21/28 if you want to play quickly.

Either wait 21 more days or resign it if you want to play another.

or become a sub and play 2000 games.
  15. Joined
    13 Jul '07
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 17:59
    I have two games going on another site, and the way things are moving (or not) there won't be a closure until Christmas; the problem is I don't know which Christmas. My fault for setting it on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree