1. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 13:091 edit
    I would like to play sicilian as black. Here on RHP I do and it is not problem due to opening databases, but what to do in OTB after e5 c5 Nf3 d6 when my opponent, often strong player leaves opening book but in way that cramps my position it happens all the time. Since that moves are out of opening book it should be easy to handle for someone strong, but I am not on the level to exploit his moves out of opening book if they do not have any obvious weakness. I hate strong players out of opening book.
    But this problem is particular in sicilian, so I often lack in development and have to handle stupid situations and all I wanted to switch to dragon, najdorf or something more or less familiar. What is yours antidotte?
  2. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 13:32
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    I would like to play sicilian as black. Here on RHP I do and it is not problem due to opening databases, but what to do in OTB after e5 c5 Nf3 d6 when my opponent, often strong player leaves opening book but in way that cramps my position it happens all the time. Since that moves are out of opening book it should be easy to handle for someone strong, but I ...[text shortened]... wanted to switch to dragon, najdorf or something more or less familiar. What is yours antidotte?
    Which strong 3rd moves out of the book do they play?
    You can consult databases to see successful responses, memorise them and use them OTB. If those 3rd moves are not in the databases, then there is likely a weakness.
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Feb '07 15:26
    Bear in mind that they are leaving opening book on move threefor two reasons:

1. The Sicilian scares them (wimps)
    2. They believe you do not understand the positional ideas, but have simply memorized a few moves.

Learn these ideas, and you will be fine (as long as you avoid tactical blunders).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree