1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 18:06
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    Don't rush the proces, consider;

1) Is this an OTB repertoire? If so, find places where you can get playable positions and learn theory over time. Too ambitious a repertoire in opening play often means get caught out on a theoretical line that you can't recall= the "why did I sac this pawn?" will come up.

2) If it is a CC repertoire, than you really mu ...[text shortened]... of everything I have ever played, one that is devoted theoretical "best" variations, etc.
    no i have no ambitions yet to play OTB other than against little chess computers, which
    i do love playing against, there just s materialistic, anyhow, i think your suggestion is
    excellent, the best theoretical moves and the moves i have actually played. there is a
    great little program called chess position trainer and it lets you compare the two and
    shows you the point where you deviated , sio i am excited by that, but the problem is,
    that at my level and against the people i play, we get incredibly irrational position very
    early on, i find these more challenging than clear and crisp positions, so i dont think
    my present games are of any worth really, thats why i plan to start again.
  2. Standard membernimzo5
    Ronin
    Hereford Boathouse
    Moves
    11 Apr '11 18:421 edit
    I would still keep the deviations, you would be surprised how often they come up and you can get a quick kill. Just make sure you mark the subpar alternatives so you know what hte mainlines are etc.

CPT is good, although I would think more useful for otb prep... idk.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree