1. washington
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 07:54
    has anyone read this book and ahve they felt it has helped thier play at all?
  2. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 13:48
    Excellent book. Study the pawn structures that apply to your opening repertoire and you can't help but improve. I've never been disappointed by Soltis books. His Bobby Fischer Rediscovered is a gem.
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 14:22
    Ten years ago, my chess study focused on three books: Soltis, Pawn Structure Chess; Peter Romanovsky, Chess Middlegame Planning; and Aron Nimzovich, Chess Praxis. During that time, my chess skill moved up a level (from D class USCF to C class). Soltis book was tremendous help in connecting opening theory to middlegame and endgame plans, and thus also was helpful in dealing with those predictable Opening Novelties by weak players.
  4. London
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 14:24
    Originally posted by kmac27
    has anyone read this book and ahve they felt it has helped thier play at all?
    I've not, but I believe Wikipedia has a highly related article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pawn_structure
  5. Big D
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 15:12
    Haven't read it in years, but it's a quite good intermediate book that teaches planning based on the pawn skeleton and different pawn structures that result from specific openings.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree