Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 19 Sep '13 01:06
    Why does one of my current games not show up as perpetual check? Is it a bug thingy?
  2. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    19 Sep '13 01:42
    Originally posted by AtomicRooster
    Why does one of my current games not show up as perpetual check? Is it a bug thingy?
    We can't comment on a game in progress.
  3. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    19 Sep '13 02:41
    For those who seek
    a check in perpetuity

    I highly recommend
    they purchase an annuity.
  4. 19 Sep '13 03:21
    Understood,but due to an error on my part, I meant '3 move repetition'.
  5. 19 Sep '13 04:53
    See here:

    FAQ

    Also note the "claim draw" button to the right of the game board.
  6. 19 Sep '13 04:59
    It's my understanding that you need to actually claim the draw after you or your opponent have moved, providing that the position has been arrived at twice previously, the last move making it the third time.
  7. 19 Sep '13 05:33
    Finished a game last week and it automatically ended with "Third repetition of position" showing on screen. This is the 4th or 5th time the same moves have been played in the game concerned.But will hit the claim draw button next time I move.Thanks chaps.
  8. 19 Sep '13 07:09
    Originally posted by AtomicRooster
    Finished a game last week and it automatically ended with "Third repetition of position" showing on screen. This is the 4th or 5th time the same moves have been played in the game concerned.But will hit the claim draw button next time I move.Thanks chaps.
    It didn't happen automatically, your opponent claimed the draw.
  9. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    20 Sep '13 17:35
    Originally posted by AtomicRooster
    Understood,but due to an error on my part, I meant '3 move repetition'.
    You're good- I was just trying to be funny. I obviously will remain with my daytime deployment for some time to come.