1. back in business
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 05:43
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    I once tried to learn the Pirc as I was attracted to an opening that could be played against almost anything, however that also means its super duper wooper passive.
    thats the point. you were not good to enough...
  2. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 05:44
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    thats the point. you were not good to enough...
    Yes thats right Jusuh, you cant defend the Pirc so just guess at my OTB rating. Which you think might be lower than yours........
  3. back in business
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 05:52
    Yes thats right Jusuh, you cant defend the Pirc so just guess at my OTB rating. Which you think might be lower than yours........
    anyway, my point is that Pirc is only boring opening when inexperienced or weak players are pursuing it.
  4. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 05:561 edit
    anyway, my point is that Pirc is only boring opening when inexperienced or weak players are pursuing it.
    Im not inexperienced or weak and I did study the Pirc, the opening is boring as hell, for the most part at club level, Pirc players are those who are scared of losing in the first 20 moves of a real opening. If you think the Pirc is a lively pow wow opening I'd be intrested to hear what you consider as boring opening.
  5. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 06:051 edit
    As for Yasser playing the Pirc, you only need to look at the other opening Yasser regularly played as black, Caro Kann. They are both openings where the black players dont mind to draw, in each its up to white to make the games intresting, Fantasy varition or Panov in the Caro Kann and Austrian attack in the Pirc. If white wants a draw he will get a much easier draw against these two openings than say the siclian. Hence I call the Pirc boring.
  6. back in business
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 06:091 edit
    Pirc players are those who are scared of losing in the first 20 moves of a real opening.
    yeah right. I am sure dozens of solid club players are reallllllly scared of losing in the first 20 moves...oh , and of a reeeeaaaaallllll opening. yeah right...
  7. back in business
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 06:131 edit
    They are both openings where the black players dont mind to draw, in each its up to white to make the games intresting
    oh well I must be an expectional (or is it exceptional...?) talent as I most often win with Pirc. and also most often I am the one who takes the initiative by pawnstorming (f5,g5,h5)

thanks buddy, I didnt know I am such a great player.
  8. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 06:171 edit
    oh well I must be an expectional talent as I most often win with Pirc. and also most often I am the one who takes the initiative by pawnstorming (f5,g5,h5)

thanks buddy, I didnt know I am such a great player.
    If you wont take my word for it break out your MCO and read the little intro bit before the Pirc. Want to provide a link to a thermatic Pirc pawn storm with f5,g5,h5 because frankly it sounds like a good way to get hammered.
  9. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 06:18
    yeah right. I am sure dozens of solid club players are reallllllly scared of losing in the first 20 moves...oh , and of a reeeeaaaaallllll opening. yeah right...
    Erm yeah.
  10. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 06:29
    Just had a quick search through Aleksei Lugovoi's Pirc training database, cant see any games with a black pawn storm and certainly nothing thermatic, the only thing I can find is f5 being played as the common thermatic push and exchanged for the e pawn......So its either GM Aleksei Lugovoi idea of how to play the Pirc or yours.
  11. back in business
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 07:00
    Just had a quick search through Aleksei Lugovoi's Pirc training database, cant see any games with a black pawn storm and certainly nothing thermatic, the only thing I can find is f5 being played as the common thermatic push and exchanged for the e pawn......So its either GM Aleksei Lugovoi idea of how to play the Pirc or yours.
    well my idea to play pirc is pushing f-pawn to f6 and then h6, g5, g4 etc.
    Or sometimes c6, b5, a5 etc. Even saccing a knight for central pawns is a good possibility...
  12. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 07:04
    well my idea to play pirc is pushing f-pawn to f6 and then h6, g5, g4 etc.
    Or sometimes c6, b5, a5 etc. Even saccing a knight for central pawns is a good possibility...
    How about some links to a few games. Until recently all you added to this thread about the opening which you know so so much about was "its sound" well wooooieeeee, links to master games and chop chop.
  13. back in business
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 07:14
    How about some links to a few games. Until recently all you added to this thread about the opening which you know so so much about was "its sound" well wooooieeeee, links to master games and chop chop.
    yeah i will post some of my games. later.

and I think you know very well that Pirc is very sound defence. As is Sicilian, Ruy lopez, Petroff etc etc.
  14. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 07:17
    yeah i will post some of my games. later.

and I think you know very well that Pirc is very sound defence. As is Sicilian, Ruy lopez, Petroff etc etc.
    You must read what I write, I didnt say it was unsound I said it was boring. I dont think there is a thermatic pawn storm f5 g5 h5 for black in the Pirc, however I will be willing to admit im wrong if you can turn up a few Master games with this idea in.
  15. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 09:52
    why don't you guys decide it on the board? 🙂 gloves off!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree