1. back in business
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 09:58
    Originally posted by wormwood
    why don't you guys decide it on the board? 🙂 gloves off!
    good idea. no, in fact great idea!!!

so how is it bedboy...are you willing to play?
  2. back in business
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 10:01
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    You must read what I write, I didnt say it was unsound I said it was boring. I dont think there is a thermatic pawn storm f5 g5 h5 for black in the Pirc, however I will be willing to admit im wrong if you can turn up a few Master games with this idea in.
    seems like I am not the only one misreading posts...

Where did I say that pawn storm (g5,h5 etc.) is thematic or played by masters. It is played by me. I have scored decently with it. Thats all I care...
  3. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 17:33
    Originally posted by Jusuh
    seems like I am not the only one misreading posts...

Where did I say that pawn storm (g5,h5 etc.) is thematic or played by masters. It is played by me. I have scored decently with it. Thats all I care...
    So now you're admiting you play the Pirc wrong?
  4. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 17:40
    If you want to post your Pirc games with the f5 g5 h5 pawn storms I can correct your errors for you.
  5. Belfast
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 17:42
    At club level is there a correct way to play an opening?

Bedlam, a tip with the Byrne System 1.e4 d6 2.d4 Nf6 3.Nc3 g6 4.Bg5

The idea of it is that if Black does not try to repulse the bishop, White's Austrian style attack is even stronger than usual due to the aggressive QB. So normally Black will play 4...h6 and continue 5.Be3 Bg7, normally a move four position in the Pirc, BUT with the critical difference of the weak h6. If Pirc players don't poke at the bishop get in f4 as quick as you can. If they do, you don't give him a tempo, do you?

Hope that's helpful, cheers,

PP
  6. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 17:46
    Originally posted by Positional Player

Bedlam, a tip with the Byrne System 1.e4 d6 2.d4 Nf6 3.Nc3 g6 [b]4.Bg5

The idea of it is that if Black does not try to repulse the bishop, White's Austrian style attack is even stronger than usual due to the aggressive QB. So normally Black will play 4...h6 and continue 5.Be3 Bg7, ...[text shortened]... can. If they do, you don't give him a tempo, do you?

PP[/b]
    Not really 🙂
  7. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 17:482 edits

Yes, I dont know why people keep suggesting club players just knock out any old crap, if theres one part of the game where club players are going to consistantly knock out GM level moves its the opening.
  8. back in business
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 18:10
    So now you're admiting you play the Pirc wrong?
    okay okay. I play Pirc wrong. I do so.

i dont care...I still score well with it...
  9. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 18:14
    okay okay. I play Pirc wrong. I do so.

i dont care...I still score well with it...
    There we go, however im sure pinkthunder and others would be intrested in your aggressive attacking ideas, if you would share them with us.
  10. back in business
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 19:13
    There we go, however im sure pinkthunder and others would be intrested in your aggressive attacking ideas, if you would share them with us.
    well right after you accept to play against me. as I can not challenge you (you are not accepting challenges) , you have to challenge me...
  11. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '06 19:15
    well right after you accept to play against me. as I can not challenge you (you are not accepting challenges) , you have to challenge me...
    Im not going to challenge you either, there is a reason im not accepting challenges and if your next responce is going to be along the lines of "what you're too scared" save it. You can post your ideas here not for me but for the Pirc players, buy a sauna, have a bonding session 🙂
  12. Corvallis, Oregon
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 18:21
    I have a question on Pirc. What is the appreciable difference between Pirc and King's Indian? Is it just move order?
  13. São Paulo, Brazil
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 19:04
    well my idea to play pirc is pushing f-pawn to f6 and then h6, g5, g4 etc.
    Whoa, that's weird.
  14. São Paulo, Brazil
    Moves
    26 Apr '06 19:05

Bedlam, a tip with the Byrne System 1.e4 d6 2.d4 Nf6 3.Nc3 g6 [b]4.Bg5

The idea of it is that if Black does not try to repulse the bishop, White's Austrian style attack is even stronger than usual due to the aggressive QB. So normally Black will play 4...h6 and continue 5.Be3 Bg7, ...[text shortened]... can. If they do, you don't give him a tempo, do you?

PP[/b]
    I usually go with 4... c6.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree