1. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    17 May '06 16:461 edit
    I think that as a player still learning you should try new moves... why not try it in a game and see how it works?

Edit: maybe it actually improves whites chances... I think that black has no real way to reply to this move that is advantageous... black may fianchetto his king bishop, seeing how its movement is restricted on the queen side, then white can simply play against that... or black could play Nc6 but then that little move would hinder blacks bishop support... I really think it could work out
  2. Belfast
    Moves
    17 May '06 18:53
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    I think that as a player still learning you should try new moves... why not try it in a game and see how it works?

Edit: maybe it actually improves whites chances... I think that black has no real way to reply to this move that is advantageous... black may fianchetto his king bishop, seeing how its movement is restricted on the queen side, then white ...[text shortened]... but then that little move would hinder blacks bishop support... I really think it could work out
    Why not play 2...c5 and go into an QGD Exchange reversed?
  3. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    17 May '06 19:27
    Originally posted by Positional Player
    Why not play 2...c5 and go into an QGD Exchange reversed?
    Hmmm... that could work... oh, wait, but then there is another possibility that 2.a3 creates to counter the gambit... 3b4!
  4. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    18 May '06 20:57
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    Miles famously beat Karpov with 1.e4 a6 0-1 🙂
    That's like when Anand played 1.h4 against Karpov. It doesn't mean it's a good move. It just means that grandmasters can see the capabilities in any position, and we class players need to just try to play good decent chess and stop thinking we're grandmasters. 1.) e4 is best!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree