1. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    17 Jan '03 20:11
    I have been guilty of not resigning games in time, but in the future, I will ask my opponent if they want to continue so I would not hurt a player, especially non-pawn-star, so they could start another game instead!

SORRY!!!!!!!!

PS: I have won a handfull of those "unwinnable games" !!!!!!!!!

Harri

a.k.a. Luck
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '02
    Moves
    17 Jan '03 21:45
    Originally posted by rossroe
    I joined this site in november and in one of my very first games my opponent asked me if i was ready to resign. I was like, huh?? We were even in point sbut he had a slightly better position. This little comment convinced me to ignore all my other games and concentrate on kicking this guys ass.

also, in another game my opponent resigned on me for no reas ...[text shortened]... I will resign if I dont see any little traps left that I can set for my opponent.

cheers
    con
    My view is they agreed to play.
    A game is complete at checkmate.
    Play until there is no more value to you.
    There are parameters of time outs.
    I think it is taking gamesmanship too far if it turns into bullying.

Ok,but it is.We must play the games to the rules,and not use the chat box to influence.
  3. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    18 Jan '03 02:59
    What about game #143349? Is it not within the reasonable bounds of etiquette to request that the opponent resign? (Not that this serves any practical purpose, just helps out a non-Pawnstar who likes to play as many games as possible πŸ˜‰.)
  4. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    18 Jan '03 03:51
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    What about game #143349? Is it not within the reasonable bounds of etiquette to request that the opponent resign? (Not that this serves any practical purpose, just helps out a non-Pawnstar who likes to play as many games as possible πŸ˜‰.)
    Looks to me lke he's got you on the ropesπŸ˜€

You could always get the star, you know... But you're right of course, your opponent should have resigned quite a while ago.
  5. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    18 Jan '03 22:33
    Whatever ropes he's on are going to decompose if he doesn't move soon πŸ˜‰ ..maybe that's his intention.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree