1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 19:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    What did that music have to do with chess?
    It was to get you in the mood to express yourself , chess is the art of self expression.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 19:30
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Uh, Robbie, that's not chocolate...
    One shudders to think . . . . 😛
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 21:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '12 21:45

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '12 08:08
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    an internet forum is a very cumbersome vehicle for self expression me thinks Duchess,
    so often not only is it difficult to fully express oneself with clarity, often we reply to a
    perception of what the intent of the writer was saying rather than what they actually
    said, it seems like i owe you another apology, at this rate, i would be as well as
    including a disclaimer to every post 🙂 You should become my chess teacher, I learned
    Urdu from a lady teacher and became fairly proficient, I can learn chess from one too.
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 11:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    not needed? when Morphy sacked his queen although it was 'not needed', did the people claim that it was not a positional sacrifice, nay, they were glad for the spectacle!
    You can rest assured that whenever Morphy sacced anything, people of the time cheered the spectacular tactics. Position was not in fashion back then.

Richard
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 11:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its my mission to return to the romanticism in chess, Philador has spoiled it all with his emphasis on pawns being the soul of chess, pawns are nada, we must play the most aesthetically pleasing moves, we are chess arteests, we have no time for control freaks, we play the most daring moves just because we can
    Surely you are correct in all that - which is exactly why what you played was not a positional, boring, strategic sacrifice but a tactical one!

Richard
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 11:211 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    You can rest assured that whenever Morphy sacced anything, people of the time cheered the spectacular tactics. Position was not in fashion back then.

Richard
    Morphy was the first positional player - Richard Reti
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '12 11:22
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Surely you are correct in all that - which is exactly why what you played was not a positional, boring, strategic sacrifice but a tactical one!

Richard
    My friend, is a passed pawn a positional aspect or a tactical one?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree