points awarded for a win/draw on RHP

points awarded for a win/draw on RHP

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

The Smoke

Moves
24 Aug 09

just wondering why it's 3 for a win, 1 for a draw.. rather than, say, 2 and 1 (or 1 and 0.5) respectively, like it's with OTB chess, I believe? curious than anything else..

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
24 Aug 09

Originally posted by Renars
just wondering why it's 3 for a win, 1 for a draw.. rather than, say, 2 and 1 (or 1 and 0.5) respectively, like it's with OTB chess, I believe? curious than anything else..
2 and 1 is the same as 1 and ½ simply scaled 2x, but 3 and 1 awards risk taking and hence decreases the amount of wimpy, appalling, loathsome, disgraceful, evil draws.

R

The Smoke

Moves
25 Aug 09

Originally posted by wormwood
2 and 1 is the same as 1 and ½ simply scaled 2x
really? whouh !! 😉

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
25 Aug 09

really? whouh !! 😉
well, it was a bit confusing to give two scoring systems as 'the OTB system'.

pp

Moves
25 Aug 09

3 point system is also tried OTB at GM level occasionally. I think it was tried in the last super GM tournament in Bilbao.

F

Moves
25 Aug 09

In clan challenges a win is counted as 1, a loss is conted as 0, a draw is not counted as anything. Funny...

o
Art is hard

Moves
25 Aug 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
In clan challenges a win is counted as 1, a loss is conted as 0, a draw is not counted as anything. Funny...
in a duel it doesnt really matter how much points you get for a draw as both parties get the same amount, so it all amounts to the team that gets more wins. it doesnt matter if he gets 3 points for a win, or 1 or 2 or 4/5, the team that wins more games is the winner of the match

F

Moves
25 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by orion25
in a duel it doesnt really matter how much points you get for a draw as both parties get the same amount, so it all amounts to the team that gets more wins. it doesnt matter if he gets 3 points for a win, or 1 or 2 or 4/5, the team that wins more games is the winner of the match
In a duel, no, but in a clan challenge a draw is not counted at all.
Everywhere else in RHP three draws count as one win. Why not in a clan challenge?

o
Art is hard

Moves
25 Aug 09

Everywhere else in RHP three draws count as one win. Why not in a clan challenge?
a clan challenge is a duel between two teams right? then it doesnt matter how much the draw awards you as it awards the same for the oposing team, zero for one team, zero for the other, it doesnt really matter. Just don't ask my why they made it so, as it makes no difference it could have the same rules, why chenge it?

t

Moves
25 Aug 09

When one team has three draws so will the other, hence the difference will be the same.

F

Moves
25 Aug 09

🙂 I don't know what I was thinking...