1. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 22:11
    But....the only way it will help you become a more positional player is.....

After the game you need to find your mistakes....

Now in a positional game that is hard.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 23:00
    Originally posted by chessisvanity
    But....the only way it will help you become a more positional player is.....

After the game you need to find your mistakes....

Now in a positional game that is hard.
    bingo
    that's the problem...
    I can run a game through a computer, and have it tell me which combinations I missed.
    I can't run a game through a computer and have it tell me which moves I made that severely weakened my position, and which move was correct. This is because computers themselves are not as strong in the positional comprehension field.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 23:031 edit
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    bingo
    that's the problem...
    I can run a game through a computer, and have it tell me which combinations I missed.
    I can't run a game through a computer and have it tell me which moves I made that severely weakened my position, and which move was correct. This is because computers themselves are not as strong in the positional comprehension field.
    I find that it is much easier to find weak positional moves when I am looking over a finished game because you can see how the game progresses after every move I think that there are some books out there that have positional "problems" kind of like tactical problems except that they don't have a concrete solution.
  4. Standard memberchessisvanity
    THE BISHOP GOD
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 23:21
    Those "positional problem" books are so hard....

I tossed em out!

maybe when i get to 1800 i'll buy one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree