Originally posted by MontyMoose
    You are going to be SO disappointed in internet tech support. 😛
    *lol* I'm preparing myself. 😉
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 08:51
    There are a lot of different ways to program chess stuff, and this site does most things differently from some of the others who tend to copy each other. Check out conditional moves or setting up a Fischer Random game.
  3. Joined
    18 Apr '09
    Moves
    27 Jan '11 22:47
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There are a lot of different ways to program chess stuff, and this site does most things differently from some of the others who tend to copy each other. Check out conditional moves or setting up a Fischer Random game.
    I do use the conditional moves but am looking forward to learning about the Fischer Random game. Thanks alot. 🙂
  4. Joined
    07 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 Jan '11 19:131 edit
    Originally posted by choux
    So instead of clearing the board you have to take pieces off one at a time?? Seriously?
    These boards are only 50% useful since you can't tell (needless to say I'm new to the game)
    if a move is illegal or not - how do people post gameboards in blogs and the forums?
    Thanks for answering.
    posting gameboards:
    they go in 'fen' tags. tags are like [this]...[/this] but put FEN in the sqaure brackets. You can also use PGN tags for posting whole games. FENs and PGNs are both avaiable from game history link in the game. Go pretend to reply to someone's post with a game and you'll see what they had to type in.

The 'analyze board' function took me awhile to figure out-the big trick is to use the'previous position' button to roll back moves. No, it doesn't stop you from using illegal moves, but it makes a nice analog for a real chess set-which also doesn't stop you from plaing 1. E5!?!
  5. Joined
    18 Apr '09
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 14:59
    Originally posted by Darax The Good
    posting gameboards:
    they go in 'fen' tags. tags are like [this]...[/this] but put FEN in the sqaure brackets. You can also use PGN tags for posting whole games. FENs and PGNs are both avaiable from game history link in the game. Go pretend to reply to someone's post with a game and you'll see what they had to type in.

The 'analyze board' funct ...[text shortened]... es a nice analog for a real chess set-which also doesn't stop you from plaing 1. E5!?!
    Fabulous! Thanks you SO much! 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree