1. Riviere du Loup
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 15:31
    New to this site and enjoying my games. I like to analyse during the game in progress and I note that 'pre-existing research material' is allowed. I have been using 'Book Up' ( Chess Openings Programmes) for some time. One of their e books is an 'opening guide' which gives statistics for opening moves for both white and Black. Thus after my opponent makes a move I can go to this guide which gives me a list of possible moves rated by their popularity. I presume this list is compiled from database games between human players. So far I have not used this guide as I feel it may give me an unfair advantage. I am wondering what is the official RHP line and probably more important what do the more active experienced players think?
  2. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 15:40
    Originally posted by dixondo
    New to this site and enjoying my games. I like to analyse during the game in progress and I note that 'pre-existing research material' is allowed. I have been using 'Book Up' ( Chess Openings Programmes) for some time. One of their e books is an 'opening guide' which gives statistics for opening moves for both white and Black. Thus after my opponent makes ...[text shortened]... al RHP line and probably more important what do the more active experienced players think?
    That is allowed to the best of my knowledge. Chessbase does the same thing. Essentially, don't use an engine or something that generates a move by evaluating the position or calculating. Something that just says these moves have been played here is ok (can also collate the results of those matches).
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 15:41
    Originally posted by dixondo
    New to this site and enjoying my games. I like to analyse during the game in progress and I note that 'pre-existing research material' is allowed. I have been using 'Book Up' ( Chess Openings Programmes) for some time. One of their e books is an 'opening guide' which gives statistics for opening moves for both white and Black. Thus after my opponent makes ...[text shortened]... al RHP line and probably more important what do the more active experienced players think?
    The use of opening databases is allowed at RHP. Use it if you feel it helps your game.
  4. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    06 Jul '08 16:381 edit
    So far I have not used this guide as I feel it may give me an unfair advantage.
    Using opening books is within rules of correspodence chess. Your opponent uses it too and it is perfectly normal. Using chess engines to direct your play is pretty popular too, but forbbiden and strictly against the rules of the site and spirit of the fair play.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree