1. Joined
    21 Jul '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 01:24
    I was wondering if any of you study your opponents' previous games in order to find weaknesses, etc.
  2. Joined
    25 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 01:39
    I don't, but I am a beginner, most of the mistakes are silly tactical ones (from me and my opponents).
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    08 Aug '06 04:42
    Originally posted by ThudanBlunder
    I was wondering if any of you study your opponents' previous games in order to find weaknesses, etc.
    I definetly do just in OTB though. That adds at least 50 points to your rating. Then best feeling is go into the game know what the opponent is going to play and have something prepared for that opening. That way you know what to do, which plans to follow etc...

I owe my most important victories to preparation.
  4. Big D
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 13:58
    Only when I'm preparing for the Candidate's cycle or a World Championship.
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 14:02
    I haven't looked at my opponents games, but on the very rare occasion I have changed my game because I knew the style of my opponent. For example, in my first game of the season I played someone I knew from years ago who likes to attack at all costs. In light of this I played a very solid opening as White (not my usual first choice), accepted the two pawns he sacrificed and swapped off major pieces as quickly as I could in order to get to a winning ending.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Aug '06 14:11
    I study my opponents games, as well as the opponents my opponent played against. Then I check their moves through Bilguer's Handbuch and Fritz/Shredder/hiarcs, before I make a move. Then I throw chicken bones across the board and consult a Ouiji before i make a move.

Then I lose.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree