1. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:091 edit
    Would anyone be interested in playing a game where both players keep private notes on their thoughts as the game progresses (perhaps an annotation for every move)? Sort of like what Silman does in the "The Amateur's Mind," except in this case I would be the clueless amateur. 🙂

I tried this some time ago here and for some reason didn't manage to carry it forward to the end (I think my opponent quit moving). But while it lasted it was fun (and useful) and I'd like to try it again-- if possible against a superior player so that I could learn more and the resulting annotation would be more interesting. At the end both players could post their move-by-move analyses to the board for comparison and critique.

Any interest? If any strong players (preferably 1700+ but I won't insist) think this sounds like fun, or want to assist in my chess education, let me know or send a challenge my way!
  2. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:22
    I was thinking about the same idea, i think it would be very educational, i think that if i get to be a good player i will offer miself to do this, since i do it a lot with people who dont know how to play, i have teachen a lot of people to play, i guess it is in my blood.
  3. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:26
    Ok, I have a taker! Anyone else interested in administering me a public beatdown can join the queue. 😀
  4. Buckinghamshire
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 17:25
    Originally posted by jgvaccaro
    Would anyone be interested in playing a game where both players keep private notes on their thoughts as the game progresses (perhaps an annotation for every move)? Sort of like what Silman does in the "The Amateur's Mind," except in this case I would be the clueless amateur. 🙂

I tried this some time ago here and for some reason didn't manage to carry i ...[text shortened]... like fun, or want to assist in my chess education, let me know or send a challenge my way!
    I think this is brilliant idea :-) as I have never read any books on chess as I find them so dry where they shorthand the game and don't go into the players thinking or what if...

I would like to get better at playing chess and am quite happy about getiing beaten, it would be a great learning experience.

Thank you fro reading this message :-)

flamechill
  5. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 17:34
    EnigmaticCam and I did 3 games this way about a month ago. Except that instead of private notes, we played an unrated games and spelled out our plans wth each move. It was an interesting way to play and we both gained rating points (I think he was still provsional at the time though).
  6. back in business
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 17:36
    good idea. I am 2000-rated player and I could help analyzing your game.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 18:08
    Originally posted by Superman
    i have teachen a lot of people to play, i guess it is in my blood.
    Teachen you say?
  8. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 22:59
    Originally posted by LanndonKane
    Teachen you say?
    I think I meant "teached", sorry for the mistake, i apreciate any corrections since english is not mi first language, so thanks.
  9. Joined
    20 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 03:06
    sounds fun igvaccaro, i kind of offer something like this to my opponents regularly in my profile at the bottom( i like the idea of teaching), but i could comment every move as well. challenge me if you think playing someone below 1700 would be of benifit(im currently below 1700 rhp but i think im around that level, as an opponent i played at that level seemed to me to be around my level.)
  10. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 03:31
    Originally posted by Superman
    I think I meant "teached", sorry for the mistake, i apreciate any corrections since english is not mi first language, so thanks.
    I think you meanth "taught" 😉. "teached" isn't actually a word.
  11. Corvallis, Oregon
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 13:39
    I would also very much like to do this, I think it would be very educational and great fun as well. If anyone is interested, message me. When my next slot opens up I will send a challenge.
  12. Domincan Republic
    Moves
    25 Jun '06 23:31
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    I think you meanth "taught" 😉. "teached" isn't actually a word.
    Thanks again. I think that in this porcess I have created a lot of words.😏
  13. Pune, India
    Moves
    28 Jun '06 11:431 edit
    I think this is a great idea, and I would like to chime in here with a "Me too". If somebody 1700+ is interested in educating me, please message me and we can start an annotated game. (Edit: the game doesn't have to be annotated on every move - just the important ones would be good enough.)

Conversely, if someone lower rated than I am (I am around 1530 currently) wants any pearls of wisdom from me, let me know and we can play.
  14. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Jun '06 15:49
    Are the games & comments to be made public? - i.e. Posted in the forum??
  15. Joined
    27 Feb '02
    Moves
    28 Jun '06 17:461 edit
    Originally posted by Shinidoki
    Are the games & comments to be made public? - i.e. Posted in the forum??
    That depends on how asinine my analysis turns out to be. 🙂

Yes, that was my intention. I don't want to bore people with lengthy and flawed analysis, but if nothing else the threat of having to publicize my thought processes prevents me from making totally mindless moves...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree