1. Yorkshire
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 11:471 edit
    Hi, anyone know how my opponent has done this? Game 8262040

White had forced promotion of pawn,Black next to move with mate but White now has a second move!!???

Cheers
  2. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 12:26
    In your current games:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/viewpublicgames.php?isminiboard=on&uid=271616
    where it usually says "In progress", "Checkmate 1-0" or whatever, it says "Promoting pawn" for this one. Does this mean that White hasn't completed his move and has to select which piece he wants to promote his a-pawn to? It's been so long since I played a game on this site I can't remember how pawn promotion works.
  3. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 12:29
    white hasn't chosen a piece for the pawn lol, nice way to draw
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 12:31
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    In your current games:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/viewpublicgames.php?isminiboard=on&uid=271616
    where it usually says "In progress", "Checkmate 1-0" or whatever, it says "Promoting pawn" for this one. Does this mean that White hasn't completed his move and has to select which piece he wants to promote his a-pawn to? It's been so long since I played a game on this site I can't remember how pawn promotion works.
    i had the same problem before, once you move and hit submit, its a few seconds before option to select piece comes up, time to move to another game or log off with out noticing, think he should be looking for the resign button instead.
  5. Yorkshire
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 12:35
    yes, it would appear they have not completed the move in promoting the pawn! and in doing this they have avoided timebank depletion and it still shows as their move but with reinstated time allocation! strange that this can be done to avoid losing a game. As you will have noticed White pawn promotion was forced and Black mates with their next move.
  6. Yorkshire
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 12:361 edit
    A nice flaw in RHP ??
  7. Yorkshire
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 12:433 edits
    Originally posted by roma45
    i had the same problem before, once you move and hit submit, its a few seconds before option to select piece comes up, time to move to another game or log off with out noticing, think he should be looking for the resign button instead.
    Yes to the resign button but as I'm sure you know some players just refuse to resign and in this case they have avoided certain defeat!

When a pawn is promoted dosn't the peice options show as soon as it promoted before you hit submit? but if you dont choose to promote the pawn to a peice and hit submit this is what happens, the game locks!!
  8. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 12:48
    Wow, that system should be looked at lol, no way that should be allowed to happen...
  9. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 12:49
    the way i remember it you click submit first
  10. Yorkshire
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 12:541 edit
    Originally posted by tim88
    the way i remember it you click submit first
    I'm surprised this hasnt happed more but usually any player with a promoted pawn usually wins the game but in this case they dont which is why I'm sure my opponent has done this deliberatly!
    I wonder if its a banable offence?

I have contacted feedback about it.
  11. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 13:10
    Originally posted by gothcharles
    I'm surprised this hasnt happed more but usually any player with a promoted pawn usually wins the game but in this case they dont which is why I'm sure my opponent has done this deliberatly!
    I wonder if its a banable offence?

I have contacted feedback about it.
    I looked at your game earlier and then there was a queen on a8. Now it shows a pawn. So obviously RHP already detected some error. Furthermore, a text is displayed saying that the game history is incomplete. Contact admins, be patient and wait till everything is ok.

Maybe the problem was due to a conditional move from your opponent?

Strange that RHP still contains errors after all these years.
  12. Yorkshire
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 13:151 edit
    Originally posted by tim88
    white hasn't chosen a piece for the pawn lol, nice way to draw
    It's still not technically a draw as the game still appears in my games waiting.

As its in The GLH the moderators of that Tourny will become aware as it will prevent the Tourny from being completed so will have to be investigated I would have thought.
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 16:381 edit
    the position as viewed it is a pawn, click back one move then forward again, it's promoted to a queen. There is also a message in the game page.

This game has an incomplete game history and may not be reported correctly.
    Also GIP it's ur move Charles. 😕
  14. Standard memberPaullli
    Agnost
    Venlo
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 17:03
    As far as I can see, white has not finished his move (hit the last button, submit or chosen promotion, don't remember the sequence), so he hasn't made any move at all. Like OTB when you hold the piece or pawn still in your hand : you're obliged to make (finish) a move with it but your clock will keep running. That's what's happening in your game : your opponent is running out of time and you will win eventually. Will take a while with those settings though (21-21) :-)
    All within the rules of RHP, I think.
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 17:08
    Originally posted by Paullli
    As far as I can see, white has not finished his move (hit the last button, submit or chosen promotion, don't remember the sequence), so he hasn't made any move at all. Like OTB when you hold the piece or pawn still in your hand : you're obliged to make (finish) a move with it but your clock will keep running. That's what's happening in your game : your oppon ...[text shortened]... take a while with those settings though (21-21) :-)
    All within the rules of RHP, I think.
    😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree