1. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 17:24
    Now you have vacation days, and pawn promotions get you an extended vacation? 😕
  2. Yorkshire
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 21:24
    Originally posted by Paullli
    As far as I can see, white has not finished his move (hit the last button, submit or chosen promotion, don't remember the sequence), so he hasn't made any move at all. Like OTB when you hold the piece or pawn still in your hand : you're obliged to make (finish) a move with it but your clock will keep running. That's what's happening in your game : your oppon ...[text shortened]... take a while with those settings though (21-21) :-)
    All within the rules of RHP, I think.
    thanks guys for all the replys. The strange thing is, although white's clock is running down, it was already run down! the skull was there but I didnt want to take it immediatley as I wanted them to make their only move possible(pawn promotion) then I could complete my next move resulting in mate.
    What has happened now is that whites clock has re-instated time and the skull gone!
  3. Yorkshire
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 21:58
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    the position as viewed it is a pawn, click back one move then forward again, it's promoted to a queen. There is also a message in the game page.

This game has an incomplete game history and may not be reported correctly.
    Also GIP it's ur move Charles. 😕
    in the annotations of the game yes, the pawn is promoted as a queen but in the actual game it is still a pawn and I cant move as it shows as being Whites move, again! also Whites clock had run down, the skull was there, but now no skull and a reinstatment of whites time clock!😕
  4. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 22:09
    Am I understanding this correctly? If the promoter doesn't choose, he can't lose ?

There should be another choice block for that then:
    a picture of a king, queen, rook, bishop, knight, or the infinity sign.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 22:27
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    Am I understanding this correctly? If the promoter doesn't choose, he can't lose ?

I'm so saving this bug for the next 'why don't they resign??' thread.

Because, if they can sack some pieces to promote a pawn, they've swindled you!
  6. Standard memberPaullli
    Agnost
    Venlo
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 22:36
    Originally posted by gothcharles
    thanks guys for all the replys. The strange thing is, although white's clock is running down, it was already run down! the skull was there but I didnt want to take it immediatley as I wanted them to make their only move possible(pawn promotion) then I could complete my next move resulting in mate.
    What has happened now is that whites clock has re-instated time and the skull gone!
    Ah ok, skull was there and disappeared when white made only part of the move without completing it. Shouldn't be like that. Bug indeed, I guess.
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '12 23:121 edit
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics

I think he still loses. His clock is running down again and in 19 days or so, skull will reappear. All he has gained is an extra 21 days. A bug in need of repair but not the end of the world

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree