1. Standard memberPJKeogh
    Seaside Relaxer
    Blackpool
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 11:541 edit
    Hello all. I am enjoying this new site I found, RHP, so much so that I have cancelled my subscription to another CC site I am a member of so that my wife won't give me a severe ear bashing when I take out a new subscription here!

I am still provisional and am looking for a 1600+ rated player to kindly challenge me to a game ( I only have 1 slot remaining ) as under the current RHP rules I cannot search using parameters and am going to end up somewhat underrated by the time I reach the required 20 games.

Hope you understand why I do this as I am not particularly ratings obsessed, well maybe a little ๐Ÿ™‚, I just want to play at my level. Approx 1800 fide.

EDIT: I would like to play 1day per move with zero timetable. Thank you.
  2. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 12:55
    The best way to do this is to go to the 'Open Invites' tab.

Create an open invite, and you may then enter the parameters you here specify.
  3. Standard memberPJKeogh
    Seaside Relaxer
    Blackpool
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 13:01
    Originally posted by HikaruShindo
    The best way to do this is to go to the 'Open Invites' tab.

Create an open invite, and you may then enter the parameters you here specify.
    Provisional players cannot enter parameters until they have played 20 rated games. (:

Therein lies the problem as I am getting much lower rated opponents accepting my seeks.
  4. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 13:11
    Oh. Sorry about that. Best of luck in finding a game.
  5. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 14:201 edit
    Originally posted by PJKeogh
    Provisional players cannot enter parameters until they have played 20 rated games. (:

Therein lies the problem as I am getting much lower rated opponents accepting my seeks.
    You could give the game a name like "1600+ rating please". Or just accept whatever games you can get until you reach 20.
  6. Standard memberPJKeogh
    Seaside Relaxer
    Blackpool
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 15:19
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    You could give the game a name like "1600+ rating please". Or just accept whatever games you can get until you reach 20.
    I like that idea. If I clearly name the game 1600+ then I won't feel so bad if I have to abort a game to a lower rated player.

It's not like everybody else hasn't had to go through the 20 game provisional stage. Can someone pass me my dummy please!

Thanks CJ.
  7. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 00:102 edits
    I suggest winning a few games against the 1200 players. Your rating will rise soon enough. Your K value is very high with few games so a win against even a low rated player will give you lots of rating points. If you really are 1800 strength, you'll crush them.

Edit: Oh, I see you already have a high rating.
  8. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 00:53
    Hello all. I am enjoying this new site I found, RHP, so much so that I have cancelled my subscription to another CC site I am a member of so that my wife won't give me a severe ear bashing when I take out a new subscription here!

I am still provisional and am looking for a 1600+ rated player to kindly challenge me to a game ( I only have 1 slot remaining ...[text shortened]... l. Approx 1800 fide.

EDIT: I would like to play 1day per move with zero timetable. Thank you.
    which one is this other chess site?
  9. Standard memberPJKeogh
    Seaside Relaxer
    Blackpool
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 18:08
    Originally posted by byedidia
    I suggest winning a few games against the 1200 players. Your rating will rise soon enough. Your K value is very high with few games so a win against even a low rated player will give you lots of rating points. If you really are 1800 strength, you'll crush them.

Edit: Oh, I see you already have a high rating.
    Thank you bursitis. I took the advice of a previous poster and named my open invites "1600+ players please".
    It works a charm and have picked up a game against a 1900+ in which I lost quickly(: and a 1800+ player.

Appreciate you taking the time to post.
  10. Standard memberPJKeogh
    Seaside Relaxer
    Blackpool
    Moves
    22 Aug '15 18:12
    Originally posted by Schlecter
    which one is this other chess site?
    Not sure of the rules here at RHP regarding other sites so I shall err on the safe side of caution and say it is the biggest CC site out there. A simple Google for online chess and it is at the top for results.
  11. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 03:09
    Thank you bursitis. ...
    Darn spell check.
  12. Standard memberPJKeogh
    Seaside Relaxer
    Blackpool
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 09:31
    Originally posted by byedidia
    Darn spell check.
    LOL. Apologies byedidia. As usual, I forget to confirm names. I prefer the old fashioned way but no idea how to turn it off!
  13. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 11:281 edit
    Not sure of the rules here at RHP regarding other sites so I shall err on the safe side of caution and say it is the biggest CC site out there. A simple Google for online chess and it is at the top for results.
    I think, RHP is very very 'flexible' in this rules. I guess nobody is going to delete a forum message just because the name of another chess server. Free speech is the rule!!.
    -
    Now, I know this previous web site, and is very expensive, and RHP has more features like ladders, clubs and clans, and I guess again 'sieges'.
    -
    And the best of all ... the time controls with some extra days.
    -
    so enjoy the site, there are plenty of very good chess players here
  14. Standard memberPJKeogh
    Seaside Relaxer
    Blackpool
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 13:53
    Originally posted by Schlecter
    I think, RHP is very very 'flexible' in this rules. I guess nobody is going to delete a forum message just because the name of another chess server. Free speech is the rule!!.
    -
    Now, I know this previous web site, and is very expensive, and RHP has more features like ladders, clubs and clans, and I guess again 'sieges'.
    -
    And the best of all ... the t ...[text shortened]... ls with some extra days.
    -
    so enjoy the site, there are plenty of very good chess players here
    Thanks muchly Schlecter.I am finding my feet now.Appreciate your post๐Ÿ™‚
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 11:531 edit
    Thanks muchly Schlecter.I am finding my feet now.Appreciate your post๐Ÿ™‚
    I played over your game with Lolly, you clearly saw the upcoming f4, which right there shows you are a strong player. Welcome to Redhotpawn!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree