Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    22 Sep '08 14:26
    Hi,

I'm giving some lessons in chess and find placing chess positions into my notes to be a real pain in the behind.

What do you use if you want to publish a chess position (into, for example, a word document). Arrows, highlighted squares, etc would be a real bonus.

I have chessbase for projector work, but haven't figured out how to copy the board as a gif (or whatever) yet.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

D
  2. 22 Sep '08 14:47
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Hi,

I'm giving some lessons in chess and find placing chess positions into my notes to be a real pain in the behind.

What do you use if you want to publish a chess position (into, for example, a word document). Arrows, highlighted squares, etc would be a real bonus.

I have chessbase for projector work, but haven't figured out how to copy the board as a gif (or whatever) yet.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

D
    ChessPad has a "Copy as Bitmap" function which can then be pasted into a word document. Not sure about bells and whistles though.
  3. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    22 Sep '08 17:07
    Cheers, I can add the arrows, and mark squares/ranks/diagonals using word, but I'd much prefer an all in one solution.

Anybody else?

Cheers,

D
  4. 22 Sep '08 17:29
    I do a lot of chess writing - I use chessbase.

I copy the position from chessbase and then in WORD go to 'paste special' and select paste bitmap.

If doing a long documanet then it's best use the diagram font as
    the bitmaps and WORD tend to start shifting about. But for a
    couple of pages it's OK.

Best to use options and get a b/w board displaying in chessbase
    these show better if you are going to do b/w printing.

http://chessedinburgh.co.uk/chandlerarticle.php?ChandID=2

Was done by pasting the position into a paint package.
    Chopping off the rest of the board and pasting into WORD.