1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 16:39
    does play 1.d4! cover every sensible reply to d4?. which book whould be more suited towards a lower rated player. i have never studied openings and feel like i need to get my feet wet. also, i dont want to play to aggresivley. i would like to play very solid opening moves that will give me a small advantage. thanks guys!
  2. London
    Moves
    16 Feb '07 19:091 edit
    Originally posted by PawnChop
    not sure about 'definitive' but Chris Ward's Play The Queens Gambit is an aggressive repertoire for white and is written in a format that is easy to read.
    I have recently taken up 1.d4 and use this book (Play the Queens Gambit) by Chris Ward for study...it's excellent. It starts with quite a comprehensive chapter dealing with queens gambit accepted but then it's easy to dip into the chapters on any of the lines.

Play 1d4 by IM Richard Palliser has been very highly recommended to me although it's out of print here in the UK. I've just ordered a copy through the Chess & Bridge shop as they have some in there American outlet. Apparently (I was told) it was Richard Pallisers 1st book and first books by chess authors are often very comprehensive.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree