Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Standard member atticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    14 Jan '11 09:25 / 1 edit
    Does anyone know if it's possible to search a database of one's own games in here, ideally by opening? I'm looking for a game I played a while back, to check a line. But I can't remember the opponent. A solution, or work-around, would be helpful.

I have scanned the site but can't find a way. However Greenpawn, for example, seems to find his way around the database easily. So maybe I'm missing something

[edit] ah, wait...I might have found it. Search filter/advanced functions
  2. 14 Jan '11 09:33
    Originally posted by atticus2
    Does anyone know if it's possible to search a database of one's own games in here, ideally by opening? I'm looking for a game I played a while back, to check a line. But I can't remember the opponent. A solution, or work-around, would be helpful.

I have scanned the site but can't find a way. However Greenpawn, for example, seems to find his way around th ...[text shortened]... ing something

Cool, I never even knew that existed.

That will come in very useful. Thanks. 🙂
  3. Subscriber Ragwort
    Ex Duris Gloria
    14 Jan '11 09:57
    Originally posted by atticus2

I have scanned the site but can't find a way. However Greenpawn, for example, seems to find his way around th ...[text shortened]... ing something

Not sure if you are at the same place

My Games: click archive: Search for game: Enhanced Search: Input ECO code and press search.

Your games played under that ECO code should appear.

May be easier than going through the database...
  4. Standard member atticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    14 Jan '11 11:11
    Yes, that's what I meant - and did.

All is good now. Thanks - and thanks to Russ for designing the facility
  5. 14 Jan '11 19:24
    If you want to do it by opening go to [chessatwork].com/gamesexplorer.

Put the site you use in the brackets.
  6. 18 Jan '11 04:35 / 1 edit
    if you've joined the site in the last year or so your games won't appear in the gamesexplorer link. The gamesexplorer is still an outstanding resource for your games.
  7. Standard member nimzo5
    Ronin
    18 Jan '11 18:17
    It does surprise me that this isnt updated regularly. Either that or make it easy to download all of an opponents games in click so we can do our own homework..
    sigh.
  8. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    18 Jan '11 18:20
    Originally posted by nimzo5
    It does surprise me that this isnt updated regularly. Either that or make it easy to download all of an opponents games in click so we can do our own homework..
    sigh.
    Rec'd!
  9. 19 Jan '11 03:50
    It is updated weekly, but the update code is broken. In another thread (showthread.php?subject=Game_Explorer&threadid=136338), GreenPawn confesses to a bug in the code which imports games into the gamesexplorer.