1. Joined
    15 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '08 16:08
    Anybody have updates on the Kamsky - Topolov match? Have they settled on a date and location. I think it will be interesting.
  2. Joined
    18 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '08 03:07
    A statement from FIDE I stole from Daily Dirt Chess Blog:

President guarantees Topalov – Kamsky match

President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov has announced that the World Championship Challenger Match between Veselin Topalov (Bulgaria) and Gata Kamsky (USA) will take place in Lvov, Ukraine in November 2008.

The organiser offered a prize fund of 750,000 USD and to hold the match on the “neutral” territory of Ukraine, as the players wanted to avoid Bulgaria or the USA. President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov guarantees the organiser’s offer by backing the event from his personal finances.

FIDE Presidential Board acknowledged the offer as well as the guarantee and assigned Deputy President Georgios Makropoulos to conclude the final contracts and to check the availability of the finances. The Match will be held in dates between November 26th and December 14th 2008.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree