1. Joined
    18 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '06 21:15
    Is there a reason why my rating is higher on corresepondence chess sites (1250) than on standard or blitz chess sites (1080)?
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    04 Apr '06 21:25
    Originally posted by LanndonKane
    Is there a reason why my rating is higher on corresepondence chess sites (1250) than on standard or blitz chess sites (1080)?
    at least three: different games, different player pools, different factors in rating algorithm.
  3. Standard memberKirwan
    Mel Kirwan
    Hauxton
    Moves
    05 Apr '06 04:271 edit
    Perhaps you play better moves when you think longer
  4. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 01:551 edit
    The longer you think, the better you play. Blitz isn't real chess although sometimes it can seem like it from looking the game over. Standard chess is more focused, but you don't have as long to think on your moves like on here. With that said, your rating will be higher on RHP because you think longer. Personally, I find myself rather quickly on here as if I were playing Blitz.
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 02:01
    True, but doesn't everyone think longer on RHP and thus shouldn't the rating be the same assuming all else is equal? I think so. Thus, I would say that the reason your rating is higher is more likely to be due to weaker competition.
  6. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    06 Apr '06 02:19
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    True, but doesn't everyone think longer on RHP and thus shouldn't the rating be the same assuming all else is equal? I think so. Thus, I would say that the reason your rating is higher is more likely to be due to weaker competition.
    I don't know. All I know is I can easily amass - with a little time - a 1700 Blitz rating anywhere. But, I have had a heck of a time getting a 1700 rating on RHP. I don't know if it's because I play too fast... or what... I don't know. But, I do knot I'm between 1500-1700 across all forms of chess. So, I don't care. That's good enough for me at 34 going on 35 in May. I don't think I'm willing to put the study time and the energe into getting a 2000 rating. Maybe, 1800 - but no way 2000. I know what it takes, and I'm just not willing to do it, you know?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree